I was SHOCKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok two more questions, what breaks are those on your tahoe? And how is the ride with air bags? Is the suspension stiff or soft? I would imagine it depends on the height. I owned a few classic muscle cars and low riders with hydraulics, 64 low rider impala style. Is the ride similar?
I have Wilwood 16” front/ 14” rears on both my trucks. The ride on my Silvy is awesome even with 26’s. Way better than stock. That’s at ride height which is with the rockers about 2” off the pavement. Potholes, I avoid those at all costs since those intro billets are $$$ so don’t ask how it does over those lol. I used to get a lot of lean because the old air management system only had one set valves for the front and one set for the back so air could transfer side-to-side but last summer I installed an Airlift 3H system which is computer controlled with height sensors and it controls each corner separate. Plus it actually transfers more air from the inside bags to the outside bags during cornering or from back to front during hard braking to keep it flat in the corners or stopping. It’s got all sorts of adjustments and options like rise-on-start which raises the truck to ride height on startup and one-button air out. Here’s the iPhone app which is a mirror of the dash mounted controller.

image.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to do a classic low rider with hydraulics and Dayton wire wheels.
My buddy built one last year. He trailers it to shows because it kills him to drive it. Imagine taking all your suspension out and replacing it with solid blocks so the body is bolted directly to the axles and you get the picture. I couldn’t even ride in his for a mile. I drove mine from San Francisco to Portland the day I bought it, it was riding sweet on the freeway even with the old sir system in it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy built one last year. He trailers it to shows because it kills him to drive it. Imagine taking all your suspension out and replacing it with solid blocks so the body is bolted directly to the axles and you get the picture. I couldn’t even ride in his for a mile. I drove mine from San Francisco to Portland the day I bought it, it was riding sweet on the freeway even with the old sir system in it.

Yeah, that's got to be horrible. Plus, I wouldn't want to almost never be able to drive it anywhere. Say, I just posted a question about changing my interior lights to LED's, and ran into the issue of the Check Engine light being on. Did you have the same problem? If so, what did you do about it? What should I do?

OP
OP
BoutDrama

BoutDrama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, ok, I'll take it into the dealer, we have a warranty. I don't have a code reader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98