I tried to order a 2022 Denali today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joehartman27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today to attempt to order a new Denali. I was told they get 1 allocation per week and there there 7 orders in front of me. No big deal, I can wait. I emailed my configuration to the salesman and we reviewed it. I said ok, let’s discuss money. He immediately informed me that they only sell at $6000 over retail sticker. It was a very short conversation after that. He said they get so few cars they have to make as much as possible. They had zero new vehicles on the lot. No trucks or smaller suvs. Guess I’ll have to find another dealer.
We experienced the same so went across town submitted order with no deposit at MSRP. Hoping it will get here in 4-5 months. Sometimes businesses make PR blunders when putting profits “Gauging” over people.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new world order. This will be the norm for at least another 12-18 months. Chip issue will not get any better until at least mid to late 22. Used vehicles are at their highest point ever as they are not missing any options. In the spring, many said you are crazy for paying over sticker.. this whole thing is going to bust soon and we are going back to 5-10K off sticker again? Still believe that?
I can see this situation continuing for another 6 months, but I think we're going to start seeing improvement. GM will have a lot of competitors that are bringing updated models and even completely new entries into the segment by 2023.

It looks like I'll be waiting until 2023. I'm not paying 70+k for a premium SUV that does not have something as simple as HD radio.

fr8bil

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today to attempt to order a new Denali. I was told they get 1 allocation per week and there there 7 orders in front of me. No big deal, I can wait. I emailed my configuration to the salesman and we reviewed it. I said ok, let’s discuss money. He immediately informed me that they only sell at $6000 over retail sticker. It was a very short conversation after that. He said they get so few cars they have to make as much as possible. They had zero new vehicles on the lot. No trucks or smaller suvs. Guess I’ll have to find another dealer
Care to name that "stealer" so others don't waste their time ? Bad enough the immediate depreciation when you drive a new vehicle off the lot but add $6K to it !

Last edited:

Pat11784

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unless you need a vehicle, just wait them out. Eventually supply will catch up and they'll be back selling for 10k+ below msrp which is still more than they're worth.

Randy2876

Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today to attempt to order a new Denali. I was told they get 1 allocation per week and there there 7 orders in front of me. No big deal, I can wait. I emailed my configuration to the salesman and we reviewed it. I said ok, let’s discuss money. He immediately informed me that they only sell at $6000 over retail sticker. It was a very short conversation after that. He said they get so few cars they have to make as much as possible. They had zero new vehicles on the lot. No trucks or smaller suvs. Guess I’ll have to find another dealer.
I ordered a Tahoe Premiere Two weeks ago. My dealer is selling them for MSRP, but refuses to tell me how many allocations they are currently receiving. They have zero on the lot, only pickups.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many dealers advertise at MSRP around here but add $5-10K in dealer fees and mandatory add ons (like $3K for paint protection). You really want bad? A big multi-brand
dealer is listing their used vehicles on Autotrader and then putting additional dealer markup on them when you go to the dealer to buy at the advertised price. For a used
vehicle! Others are adding a reconditioning fee to their advertised used vehicle price. And they wonder why they get a 1 star rating.......

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locally, the normal dealers are in short supply. One local GM dealer does have inventory but they have gouged so many people over the years, they are the last stop for anybody in the market. Word DOES get around.

My CX-5 has developed a noise going down the road and I suspect wheel bearings. With the miles, I'm not surprised. I stopped by the dealer who sells Mazda and Volvo cars. One new vehicle on the lot and a couple was looking at it right then. They had MAYBE 12 or 14 used cars on the lot.

I have an old beater for sale and expect it to sell quick when I get around to putting a sign in the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHNorthWoods