I tried to order a 2022 Denali today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to my local dealer today to attempt to order a new Denali. I was told they get 1 allocation per week and there there 7 orders in front of me. No big deal, I can wait. I emailed my configuration to the salesman and we reviewed it. I said ok, let’s discuss money. He immediately informed me that they only sell at $6000 over retail sticker. It was a very short conversation after that. He said they get so few cars they have to make as much as possible. They had zero new vehicles on the lot. No trucks or smaller suvs. Guess I’ll have to find another dealer.

Elise201424

Reaction score
I spent my day calling approximately 40 dealers. The most egregious markup I found was in Mesa Arizona for $25,000 over MSRP. Here in Southern California $10,000 is very common plus dealer added items. Brings out somewhere around 13,000. I have been able to find a few dealerships that are selling at MSRP. However the vehicles go so fast as soon as they get a Vin number they are already sold

therealbofa

Reaction score
Finding a deal these days is paying MSRP. I couldn’t locate a vehicle locally that didn’t have a 5K or 10K markup over MSRP plus BS fees.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, in this market stealerships try to make as much as possible due to the low inventory. You are going to have to ask your self how much you want vs need a new ride and if you will pay over msrp.

In this market anything below 5k is almost a steal. You can continue a vigorous search for msrp as it is possible but remember it may take some time. I got lucky on mine as it was at msrp but a week later they started adding a 5 or 7k mark up on their inventory.

Before I made this purchase I was heavily considering a Durango RT with some SRT options and was trying to order and sales manager said straight up we won’t consider any orders without a 6k mark up…. Yea I walked!

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new world order. This will be the norm for at least another 12-18 months. Chip issue will not get any better until at least mid to late 22. Used vehicles are at their highest point ever as they are not missing any options. In the spring, many said you are crazy for paying over sticker.. this whole thing is going to bust soon and we are going back to 5-10K off sticker again? Still believe that?

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not count on that being the actual price...

When we bought our XL in august it was listed on the dealer website for msrp but in reality after talking to the salesguy the real price had a $10k markup over msrp. They told me that was the case with all the new suv's they were selling and if I wasn't cool with that the next guy through the door would be. Kinda rubbed me the wrong way at first but I had been looking for a while and there was ZERO inventory anywhere close to me so I knew he wasn't just blowing smoke. In the end I got them to come down a little on that $10k markup but still gave them about $6k over msrp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons