I think I have some Gremlins, anyone know of any fixes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my 08 Yukon Denali for almost 2 years and I really like the truck. Over this time a few things have stopped working and they really didn't bother me too much until the latest one yesterday. I don't think my heated washer fluid
there was a recall for them overheating maybe it got disabled check the fuse (it was disabled the 2nd recall though)

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one coming off the main battery, grounding to the engine and the chassis.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PM32Q02

How involved is it getting this cable replaced/accessibility? Last time I had to dig around the back side of that motor I bumped the heater hose and wound up with a broken damned fitting. I'm wondering if I do this my compass mirror will stop acting like an ass.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How involved is it getting this cable replaced/accessibility? Last time I had to dig around the back side of that motor I bumped the heater hose and wound up with a broken damned fitting. I'm wondering if I do this my compass mirror will stop acting like an ass.

It's not difficult per se. It's a PITA, because the chassis point that GM chose is on the front right hand of the vehicle, on the metal frame, right behind the bumper cover. This means you will NOT be able to see it unless you remove the entire bumper front cover. You will either only be able to feel it, or use a mirror to see it. Other than that, it's a very straight forward remove and replace.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
I have had my 08 Yukon Denali for almost 2 years and I really like the truck. Over this time a few things have stopped working and they really didn't bother me too much until the latest one yesterday. I don't think my heated washer fluid nor my rear defroster have worked since I got the truck. Then the rear wiper stopped working, next was the button on the liftgate handle to open it. The liftgate still opens with the remote and the button on the inside. The button on the bottom edge of the liftgate still works as well. The one last night that has put upset me was my power running boards. My wife was using it last night to pick our kids up from the after school activities and there is a 30 minute window between when they get done. Somehow she managed to run my battery dead but she got it jumped and it has started fine since. Since letting the battery die the running boards have not moved and are stuck in the closed position. I was thinking fuses but I just looked and from a visual inspection the running board fuse looked fine. At 5' 4" I really those running boards to make it easier to get into the truck. Anyone have any ideas?

Replace the battery unless it is relatively new, 30 minutes using the stereo/dvd or whatever should not create a no start condition. As stated the ground circuit is critical and factory fubar on these vehicles. I have the same year/model. I replaced the alternator, positive cable from **** fuse to alternator, added a ground from alternator case directly to battery ground, replaced the battery temp/charge module on the ground cable and now have a reliable system. if your battery is in good condition than it isnt being charged effectively. if your not mechanically inclined than this procedure could go very wrong in regard to polarity so find a shop/mech you can trust which imo is the biggest challenge you currently have. there is also a positive cable **** fuse 125 amp on the firewall and it may be coroded/fractured. Alternator $175, Module $26, **** fuse $8, cables/connectors $25. cost to configure/install by a "competent mech that cares" unknown????

Also, i am new to the yukon denali xl and am confused as to why it is refered to as a truck? or is your vehicle a pu truck with the yukon denali badging? i know it's a dumb question!

Last edited:

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they maybe listed as a suv, but its a truck. sits on a truck frame, shares the front half of other trucks, its a truck all day long in my book.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
they maybe listed as a suv, but its a truck. sits on a truck frame, shares the front half of other trucks, its a truck all day long in my book.

Ok, now i get the phraseology. Im 59 and from my era a truck implied a box behind the cab? Go to the hardware store and get a yard of gravel and tell the guy that your truck is parked by the loader and see if he dosent scratch his head looking for a truck! lol!

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, now i get the phraseology. Im 59 and from my era a truck implied a box behind the cab? Go to the hardware store and get a yard of gravel and tell the guy that your truck is parked by the loader and see if he dosent scratch his head looking for a truck! lol!

i agree. in the end its just missing the bed, then it would still be a 1/2 ton truck. not to many 1/2 suv's that can tow up to 8,000 lbs out there. and they can plow snow if you wanted to. light trucks like jeeps and little suv's dont have the weight to be good plow trucks. kinda makes it a truck still. i think they classify it as a suv for insurance or marketing BS.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

i agree. in the end its just missing the bed, then it would still be a 1/2 ton truck. not to many 1/2 suv's that can tow up to 8,000 lbs out there. and they can plow snow if you wanted to. light trucks like jeeps and little suv's dont have the weight to be good plow trucks. kinda makes it a truck still. i think they classify it as a suv for insurance or marketing BS.

You can think of it as a station wagon on a truck frame or a panel truck with windows or a pickup with a topper... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645