Electrical gremlins, possibly BCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

vetteman9368

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some updates this afternoon.
-rear access open message won’t go away, even with the harness unplugged from the bcm.

-installed new stepper motor for temp gauge

-shift indicator is toast (has a burned spot on the display, didn’t work even after a resolder. Anyone know who sells the display?

So far that’s all I’ve got. Thinking I may need a bcm, does it have to be programmed or will the 30 min relearn procedure work?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some updates this afternoon.
-rear access open message won’t go away, even with the harness unplugged from the bcm.

-installed new stepper motor for temp gauge

-shift indicator is toast (has a burned spot on the display, didn’t work even after a resolder. Anyone know who sells the display?

So far that’s all I’ve got. Thinking I may need a bcm, does it have to be programmed or will the 30 min relearn procedure work?
rear hatch is probably a sensor, most likely integrated in the lock actuator. could maybe be a magnetic one but they pretty much built those into the actuators after 02, highly unlikely to be the bcm
not sure where you could order a shift led, might check with any local cluster rebuilders

OP
OP
V

vetteman9368

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took the hatch apart and even unplugged both sensors, nothing changed. Even unplugging the harness from those sensors to the bcm changed nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019