I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
JESUS JIM!! I know you know this already, but consider yourself lucky! It could've been so much worse. Thankfully/hopefully you're vision didn't get any worse then what it is already. God forbid if the house and/or garage would've ignited. Be careful buddy, you're family and friends depend on you. TYF does too. You always have informative stuff on your build thread.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Holy crap, dude! You are obviously a HIGHLY capable individual, but nobody's invincible. Be careful!

I'm not far away. Lemme know if I can ever be there for something. Rides, babysitting, dinner, whatever. Really.

Those brows probably needed a trim anyways. The other day the girl at Great Clips says to me (never before), "Do you want me to trim your eyebrows?"

What!?!? What am I, @Galante? So I said, "You tell me, young lady."

She trimmed them. Lol. Dammit.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Holy cow!! I can’t make this stuff up. I went and put Lola on her chain and walked into garage to have a smoke when I heard her barking like she always does when someone walks past. But then it got a little more violent sounding and then heard another dog barking and I’m thinking oh crap, she broke her collar or hook and came off chain. So I ran to the door and seen her battling another dog. This guy is standing there watching them fight! I grabbed her chain and yanked her back. That let the other dog up and it came at Lola again and got her by the face. She immediately shook that dog off and commenced to tearing that ass up. When I seem the dog wasn’t fighting back much I pulled her back again and held her tight and told that guy to get his dog before I let my dog kill it and I stomp his ass. He scooped up his dog, looked like a Rott, but skinnier like a Doberman. Was taller than Lola but she kicked its ass. She acted like she was scared of me like I was gonna yell at her when I got her in the house. Got her around her LEFT EYE a little bit missed the eyeball.
So now my ***** and I are sitting here with our screwed up left eyes. Hahaha. I’m waiting for a knock at the door from the cops. Or maybe this dude comes back and asks me to pay his vet bills. Haha. I’ll stomp him right on my porch. That dog was in Lola’s yard and she was chained up.
And this is after I cleaned her up a little.
13f897bea72841ed8bd34fe5470fc78a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Holy crap, dude! You are obviously a HIGHLY capable individual, but nobody's invincible. Be careful!

I'm not far away. Lemme know if I can ever be there for something. Rides, babysitting, dinner, whatever. Really.

Those brows probably needed a trim anyways. The other day the girl at Great Clips says to me (never before), "Do you want me to trim your eyebrows?"

What!?!? What am I, @Galante? So I said, "You tell me, young lady."

She trimmed them. Lol. Dammit.

We might have to meet for some beers sometime. And I get the same treatment during haircut, eyebrows get trimmed. Shouldn’t have to this next time.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I-Drop Vet gel (dog eye lube), moxifloxacin & tacrolimus aq is what our bully must have in her eyes 3x daily likely for rest of her life after an encounter with something sharp in her right eye. Moxifloacin goes in damaged eye only.

The tacrolimus aq is usually a gel applied on the eye ball. Drops are no longer available so our vet had a compounding pharmacy in Jersey make a 3 Mo supply so it’s 200x easier to apply. Here’s the Pharma info if your pup needs it to prevent infections.

95ccf659255d71d90fff69e272ee832f.jpg

c32a5d545a51c550420dfc70140f4a5d.jpg

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I-Drop Vet gel (dog eye lube), moxifloxacin & tacrolimus aq is what our bully must have in her eyes 3x daily likely for rest of her life after an encounter with something sharp in her right eye. Moxifloacin goes in damaged eye only.

The tacrolimus aq is usually a gel applied on the eye ball. Drops are no longer available so our vet had a compounding pharmacy in Jersey make a 3 Mo supply so it’s 200x easier to apply. Here’s the Pharma info if your pup needs it to prevent infections.

95ccf659255d71d90fff69e272ee832f.jpg

c32a5d545a51c550420dfc70140f4a5d.jpg

Thanks for the info, that sucks for your pup. Lola seems to be ok. I’m taking her in 2mrw to get checked out to be sure.

I had an officer come out to the house the next day and asked him if I should make a report or if I should do anything. He took my info and logged the call and incident and I was good with that. At least they got my side of the story in case a report is made or they try to come after me later.

On a side note: I think someone died across the shipping canal from my work. At 9:25 this morning a huge bang and the building I was in shook. I thought a truck ran into the building! I went outside and didn’t see anything and then one of our guys got on the radio and told the guards to call 911 because a barge just blew up directly across from us. There’s a company called Heritage that strips and cleans barges in a slip and they must not have checked air quality with a monitor. Could have had fumes or vapors or high oxygen level and something ignited that thing. If you look at the side of the barge, it’s creased so that thing buckled when it blew. These things are all 3/8” and 1/2” steel. This is not good. Haven’t heard any reports of loss of life or injuries but someone had to be on it to ignite it.
5790a890fbda294725981ec2f78f7fdf.jpg

780512e6de51c081db2eb8e4be251de2.jpg

3f98dd432b7ec10504fa0a5edef8d76e.jpg

7840549fe22e991f75cbeccb7e6430e9.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, that sucks for your pup. Lola seems to be ok. I’m taking her in 2mrw to get checked out to be sure.

I had an officer come out to the house the next day and asked him if I should make a report or if I should do anything. He took my info and logged the call and incident and I was good with that. At least they got my side of the story in case a report is made or they try to come after me later.

On a side note: I think someone died across the shipping canal from my work. At 9:25 this morning a huge bang and the building I was in shook. I thought a truck ran into the building! I went outside and didn’t see anything and then one of our guys got on the radio and told the guards to call 911 because a barge just blew up directly across from us. There’s a company called Heritage that strips and cleans barges in a slip and they must not have checked air quality with a monitor. Could have had fumes or vapors or high oxygen level and something ignited that thing. If you look at the side of the barge, it’s creased so that thing buckled when it blew. These things are all 3/8” and 1/2” steel. This is not good. Haven’t heard any reports of loss of life or injuries but someone had to be on it to ignite it.

Man, that must've been something. When I was a kid one of those big holding tanks at a gas refinery blew up. My house shook, glasses knocking--even my bed moved from the explosion! Refinery was like 30 miles away too.

Last edited:

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy shit! Damn man. I hope everyone is ok. Doubtful, but still hope.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone got hurt. Coast Guard showed up but they wouldn’t tell me anything. Supervisor called over there but they wouldn’t comment either. So we called Midwest Tankerman Services and gave them the barge number and they looked it up and told us it last contained acetone. One of the pumps they were using to strip the barge must have sparked or maybe static charge set off the explosion.
There was no search and rescue so that’s why I assume nobody got hurt. Some more pics from later in the day during the investigation.
0db3d62960c22165ffb7e23c2d64d47a.jpg

a1785e47cbc5b5b13672a8cc833042cd.jpg

17778c11ef0988e6e87e353db85d4701.jpg

Found some shrapnel on our side of canal. Part of a railing looks like.
d014a3c91de3aea6dc7c32085a3bc7ea.jpg

I thought it was funny how the local news could get it so wrong. Seen the helicopter and looked it up to see if they were reporting anything and I found this.

They updated it. At first said it was a barge carrying propane tanks and it was on fire.

https://patch.com/illinois/lemont/amp/28389864/barge-propane-tanks-fire-explosion-heard-residents

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa1971