I’m back with an Esky this time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snowbound, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Snowbound

Snowbound Full Access Member

Name:
    Jim
    It doesn’t look like it’s blown out. Almost looks like the bottom part had a rubber boot on it and it got pushed to the bottom. I don’t know. I have to find a picture of what it should look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    I don't give a darn about your brakes or suspension when there are real issues at hand, like you ragging on your boss's Cubs sticker. Dudes are winking at you because you look gay, not because of her sticker. Shape up or ship out, mister! I mean, buy your own truck, buddy! I mean, oh jeez..... You're married, stupid!!! Lol

3. Snowbound

Name:
    Jim
    Hahaha. Point taken. I plan on tinting the windows pretty dark, maybe that’s my compromise.

Dcmaynor and HiHoeSilver like this.
  4. Snowbound

Name:
    Jim
    From what I can gather, if the bags don’t inflate, they tear and this is probably to the extreme. I wonder why I never got an idiot light for the suspension. Do I even have one? Damn, now I gotta test compressor and power to it. This might get expensive. Or I just drop it sooner than I wanted and ditch the air ride altogether.

5. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Go Cubs!

6. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    i'm 99.99% sure that is a blown shock, it should look like this

bwi.jpg

mikeyss and Snowbound like this.
  7. iamdub

iamdub I feel ya, Mr. Cash. I feel ya.

Name:
    Chris
    Definitely a blown air bladder. The fuse(s) for the air system are probably blown so the whole system is just off- no activity, no warning lights, etc. The process usually starts with an air bladder leaking which results in the compressor running more than it should, then the leak gets bad enough that the compressor is running so much that it overheats or seizes. The compressor fuse blows and people usually just remove the other fuses for the system so it's totally disabled. The AutoRide part of the shock still functions as normal since it's a separate system and part of the StabiliTrak.

As for the Cubs heart- maybe have your own, more manly version made up (or another team?) and have that on the driver's side and the girly Cubs one on the passenger side. If I saw that, I'd just think "his team/her team/house divided" (if opposing teams).

Snowbound, HiHoeSilver and Tonyrodz like this.
  8. Snowbound

Name:
    Jim
    Anyone have any experience with this company? I might pull the trigger on this.
    [​IMG]

9. Snowbound

Name:
    Jim
    In the meantime, I put my new axle, hangers, springs and hardware on the trailer.
    [​IMG]

Then the next issue arose. PO used 2 different springs so now my hanger spacing is wrong. Front springs were shorter than the rear. My shackle angles are wrong and spring eyelets will hit frame before they even start to compress. FML!! Gotta cut off hangers, space differently and put on 1-1/2” longer hangers. Raining today though.

Doubeleive likes this.
  10. Dcmaynor

Dcmaynor Full Access Member

Name:
    Dana
    Rock auto beat all other shock prices I found. Coupon discount on their page here too.

Snowbound likes this.