I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Good move on getting into the susp after 100k. Just had our rack, inner & outer tie rods changed @ 136k on our 08 XL Denali. It took a lot of play out. On the straight aways I no longer have to correct the steering wheel every 3-5 seconds.

Did the new front end parts cure any cold weather related suspension squeaks? Below 40 some of our front end bushings get noisy over speed bumps until the truck warms up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it was definitely worth the work. Feels so much tighter now. Even rides over bumps better which I didn’t think would have any effect considering I didn’t do springs or struts.

I never had any squeaks, just a slight clunk which was a combination of everything. After seeing how loose the ball joints were, I was surprised it wasn’t worse honestly. I didn’t change lower arms or bushings but I might when I lower it. I can see they are worn but not bad.

Thanks for looking at this thread and as always, I appreciate any and all comments or feedback.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Good to see you back.

I’ve been running back and forth getting in as much seat time as possible while the trails were open and the snow was good. This year has been the best I’ve seen in over 18 years. Since 2/15 until last weekend I only missed 1 weekend up north. And not just 2 day weekends, I’d leave Wednesday and come back Sunday night or leave Thursday and come back Monday night. I’ve racked up some miles on my truck the past few months. The one weekend I missed was because work needed me for a big project. I originally said no way, but they threw me a $2000 bonus to stay. I couldn’t pass that up.

I thought the trip up when I bought the Viper was good with the snow, that was nothing. They just kept getting dumped on up there.

First big snow.

99d4dc05a68f454e0eae88c8eb5e7743.jpg

The next weekend I couldn’t make it more than 3/4 way in the driveway.

6647550986f452f9f3a8f7e5ae4cf559.jpg

Kids and dog trying to follow my steps thru the snow.

d8cc4618e3e71b4cd514fd928d9cf177.jpg

Little wishing well in front yard from the first trip.

348a36f35cfc2b7e935ae2c4232295a5.jpg

Second trip.

fa6f7f65db510520a64e81d53a510183.jpg

After I cleaned driveway so I could get my truck out.

a5bdb2bc5f4f08547439642343b82dc8.jpg

Out the back door.

a8d28e879666413002537fc9d78716af.jpg

It was crazy. Good time to have a mountain sled though. Then I took the wife up for an adult trip.

f05e8893611831ae80920a30af0f2835.jpg

The next weekend the boys and I headed back up.

b0423422b466bbec6c35c610c4b02222.jpg

fb0c6ae7dfd12f79cf58e87059b2be48.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’ve been running back and forth getting in as much seat time as possible while the trails were open and the snow was good. This year has been the best I’ve seen in over 18 years. Since 2/15 until last weekend I only missed 1 weekend up north. And not just 2 day weekends, I’d leave Wednesday and come back Sunday night or leave Thursday and come back Monday night. I’ve racked up some miles on my truck the past few months. The one weekend I missed was because work needed me for a big project. I originally said no way, but they threw me a $2000 bonus to stay. I couldn’t pass that up.

I thought the trip up when I bought the Viper was good with the snow, that was nothing. They just kept getting dumped on up there.

First big snow.

99d4dc05a68f454e0eae88c8eb5e7743.jpg

The next weekend I couldn’t make it more than 3/4 way in the driveway.

6647550986f452f9f3a8f7e5ae4cf559.jpg

Kids and dog trying to follow my steps thru the snow.

d8cc4618e3e71b4cd514fd928d9cf177.jpg

Little wishing well in front yard from the first trip.

348a36f35cfc2b7e935ae2c4232295a5.jpg

Second trip.

fa6f7f65db510520a64e81d53a510183.jpg

After I cleaned driveway so I could get my truck out.

a5bdb2bc5f4f08547439642343b82dc8.jpg

Out the back door.

a8d28e879666413002537fc9d78716af.jpg

It was crazy. Good time to have a mountain sled though. Then I took the wife up for an adult trip.

f05e8893611831ae80920a30af0f2835.jpg

The next weekend the boys and I headed back up.

b0423422b466bbec6c35c610c4b02222.jpg

fb0c6ae7dfd12f79cf58e87059b2be48.jpg

Looks beautiful up there. Looked like you guys had a great family time.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Looks beautiful up there. Looked like you guys had a great family time.

Man, it was great. Jack loves having his own sled. It needs some rear suspension work but that’ll be done this summer. The last trip up he ran into the back of his cousins sled and bent the bumper and my brother kinda jumped Jack’s ass for it. I snapped back because my brother was leading the pack and he suddenly stopped right after having to go from a road up onto the snow bank to get back on the trail. His son Shawn stopped and here comes Jack after having to give it gas to get up the snow bank and he couldn’t stop in time and bumped Shawn. I told my brother, it’s only a bumper, there was no need to get on Jack. It’s his first year driving his own and that made Jack nervous and ruined the rest of his trip because he felt bad. I bought the bumper for Shawn’s sled, no big deal, that’s how you learn. ***** gonna happen. Here’s a picture that sums it up. We stopped to figure out our next destination and Jack just sat on his sled feeling down.

f846c4cf6238921087e511788f71a649.jpg

He got the crash on his GoPro, I still have to download it but if it’s worth sharing, I will.

On a side note, I fell off my sled being stupid and fractured my hip. It’s not too bad, I’m still working.

Deleted pic. Left up longer than intended.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12][emoji12]

On a serious note, I have Hazmat training in morning and had to go take my physical today. I was all worried because my blood pressure has been on the high side. Stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, crazy hours and I’m getting ready to put my house up for sale so I can get some property hopefully with a pole barn or I’ll build one. But I’ve been seeing 153/108 and I’ve been trying to get it down before my physical because they’ll take me off work if I can’t be a first responder and wear an SCBA. Thankfully when I was at Dr, it was 138/85 and they said it was borderline but they’ll let it slide. The only thing this lady told me was I need to stop smoking and ************. I was like what? Why? She said, because I’m trying to give you a physical. Hahaha. But really, the blood pressure is a true story. I need to work on that.

I’m having my bathroom remodeled, windows replaced, new gutters and facial installed and changing my breaker box. I have a lot going on right now. On top of all that, I had to replace the rear brakes on my truck. A few months ago I put a new hitch on and my 4” exhaust would clear between the hitch and the rear leaf spring. So I cut it off before the axle and installed a 45* and the tip. It’s kinda directed right toward the rear tire and it cooked the caliper and caused the brake to stick so I needed rotors too. I got that done but now I have to do some rerouting of the exhaust i get it out the back again. It drones so bad which annoyed me on all my trips back and forth.

Also I have to do some work to my trailer because I’m buying a Conex box to pit all my tools and parts in while I prepare for the move and the front axle is messed up so that’s getting replaced as soon as it gets here. I just have a lot on my plate right now so this Esky has to wait until I have more time. I’ll still check in when I can and I’m always doing something so don’t count me out on updates.

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Man, it was great. Jack loves having his own sled. It needs some rear suspension work but that’ll be done this summer. The last trip up he ran into the back of his cousins sled and bent the bumper and my brother kinda jumped Jack’s ass for it. I snapped back because my brother was leading the pack and he suddenly stopped right after having to go from a road up onto the snow bank to get back on the trail. His son Shawn stopped and here comes Jack after having to give it gas to get up the snow bank and he couldn’t stop in time and bumped Shawn. I told my brother, it’s only a bumper, there was no need to get on Jack. It’s his first year driving his own and that made Jack nervous and ruined the rest of his trip because he felt bad. I bought the bumper for Shawn’s sled, no big deal, that’s how you learn. ***** gonna happen. Here’s a picture that sums it up. We stopped to figure out our next destination and Jack just sat on his sled feeling down.

f846c4cf6238921087e511788f71a649.jpg

He got the crash on his GoPro, I still have to download it but if it’s worth sharing, I will.

On a side note, I fell off my sled being stupid and fractured my hip. It’s not too bad, I’m still working.

13961c31fac57b4d43b5458fe260dff3.jpg

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12][emoji12]

On a serious note, I have Hazmat training in morning and had to go take my physical today. I was all worried because my blood pressure has been on the high side. Stress, lack of sleep, poor diet, crazy hours and I’m getting ready to put my house up for sale so I can get some property hopefully with a pole barn or I’ll build one. But I’ve been seeing 153/108 and I’ve been trying to get it down before my physical because they’ll take me off work if I can’t be a first responder and wear an SCBA. Thankfully when I was at Dr, it was 138/85 and they said it was borderline but they’ll let it slide. The only thing this lady told me was I need to stop smoking and ************. I was like what? Why? She said, because I’m trying to give you a physical. Hahaha. But really, the blood pressure is a true story. I need to work on that.

I’m having my bathroom remodeled, windows replaced, new gutters and facial installed and changing my breaker box. I have a lot going on right now. On top of all that, I had to replace the rear brakes on my truck. A few months ago I put a new hitch on and my 4” exhaust would clear between the hitch and the rear leaf spring. So I cut it off before the axle and installed a 45* and the tip. It’s kinda directed right toward the rear tire and it cooked the caliper and caused the brake to stick so I needed rotors too. I got that done but now I have to do some rerouting of the exhaust i get it out the back again. It drones so bad which annoyed me on all my trips back and forth.

Also I have to do some work to my trailer because I’m buying a Conex box to pit all my tools and parts in while I prepare for the move and the front axle is messed up so that’s getting replaced as soon as it gets here. I just have a lot on my plate right now so this Esky has to wait until I have more time. I’ll still check in when I can and I’m always doing something so don’t count me out on updates.

Man!! You do have alot going on! All good tho. Hopefully your boy will cheer up and just let it go. Like you said--that's the learning curve. Tell you what tho--I'd jump down someone's throat if they yelled at my son for something that wasn't his fault. Tell him doesn't even matter. Like you said--it's only a bumper. Hope you heal up--sux getting old and brittle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man!! You do have alot going on! All good tho. Hopefully your boy will cheer up and just let it go. Like you said--that's the learning curve. Tell you what tho--I'd jump down someone's throat if they yelled at my son for something that wasn't his fault. Tell him doesn't even matter. Like you said--it's only a bumper. Hope you heal up--sux getting old and brittle.
:rolleyes: I THINK YOU MISSED THAT, LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan