Hybrid front bumper fit regular tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
So just to clarify, the hood is also from the Hybrid model? And it's aluminium?

No, that is a standard hood. That is why it doesn't line up correctly with the Hybrid bumper/grille.

And yes the Hybrid hood is aluminum from what I have read. Probably for the weight savings/fuel economy/electric range.

BADDGMC

Reaction score
View attachment 215323 View attachment 215324 Here's a final update of my suburban with the tahoe hybrid front bumper along with the air damn pieces and tow hook covers installed... my bow tie has glue drying don't worry doesn't always look like that. As you can see in the second pic that's where you can really see the hood not lining up.

Thanks guys let me know what you all think!

Cheers

Looks so much better, congrats!

Now someone do the same thing with the Yukon so I can follow lol I'm wondering if I can also swap the Yukon Hybrid bumper into my SLT.

ussuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So just to clarify, the hood is also from the Hybrid model? And it's aluminium?

No my hood is not from hybrid model, it's the factory base hood made of steel. Trust me you guys I have been looking out for a hybrid hood for ages and still have not found the right one for the right price also since the shipping would be so much if it was not local to me.

ussuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks so much better, congrats!

Now someone do the same thing with the Yukon so I can follow lol I'm wondering if I can also swap the Yukon Hybrid bumper into my SLT.

BADDGMC, I am ASSUMING (only assuming though since its GM lol) that the bumpers would be the same kinda set up as the Chevy's, BUT I could be wrong.

My list to get it looking like a Hybrid front end:

OEM Tahoe Hybrid Front Bumper Cover (Around 400.00 bucks shipped to me on eBay)

OEM Tahoe Hybrid Top Front Grill Piece, yes they're totally different than base Chevy's. (100.00 bucks USED eBay but in good condition) I could not find a new grill piece anywhere and the dealer wanted over 450.00 bucks....

NOT OEM Tahoe Hybrid Bottom Front Grill Piece, literally the dealer said they did not have them anymore and wished me luck... haha.. (eBay China seller had them for around 60 dollars)

OEM Air Dam - Now this was probably the piece I was waiting for the longest... I was driving without them for over 3 months.. The GM dealer I was working with in San Diego, CA said this item was "in production" and they literally had to make one because there were none left at any GM warehouses (Cost: 80.00 bucks!)

OEM Tow Hook Covers (Left + Right) - now these babies are like diamonds... took over 5 months to ship from some GM plant in Arlington or something.. PS If you have a Tahoe Hybrid don't plan on misplacing these covers or your air dam because you may not be able to get them anymore! (Cost: $100.00)

So BADDGMC if you can find all these same things but for the Yukon Hybrid I would not doubt it working for your truck... Just do not know AT ALL how your hood would line up/if it is different.

Thanks for your replies guys!

Cheers

--
ussuburban

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Okay you guys, thought y'all would like this! It looks like a Silverado or Sierra with a Yukon front bumper, hood, etc. Let me know what you guys think, it reminds me of a platypus! View attachment 231502 View attachment 231503
Def different. Looks like a Yukon with a bed. There's a 90's vintage Chevy pickup with what appears to be an nbs Esky nose around me. It's dipped Army green.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Okay you guys, thought y'all would like this! It looks like a Silverado or Sierra with a Yukon front bumper, hood, etc. Let me know what you guys think, it reminds me of a platypus! View attachment 231502 View attachment 231503

Took a perfectly good looking truck and made it look just as bad as the minivan front end on a Yukon.

The bright side is... perhaps there is a Yukon floating around there somewhere with a decent looking front end... lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a perfectly good looking truck and made it look just as bad as the minivan front end on a Yukon.

The bright side is... perhaps there is a Yukon floating around there somewhere with a decent looking front end... lol
Yeah I don’t like the front end on the NNBS Yukons so don’t understand why they had to spread it around.