Hybrid front bumper fit regular tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 ltz and really like the lower, squarer profile of the hybrid bumper.

Does it in a sense plug and play? Any issues with fitment, cooling, electronics? I already see the tow hooks and fog lights that I have little to no use for. Thanks!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Serge (soulsea) tried to do the opposite and put the normal bumper on his old hybrid he had... in short, it unfortunately doesn't just "bolt on" by any means.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried it? Really curious. I love the hybrid front bumper.

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oook as soon as I read here that the hybrid hood is aluminum I saw $$$ signs.

I want to seriously do the reverse. Put the hybrid front bumper onto my regular ltz.

Can you check this list please of needs?

Hybrid al hood
Hybrid hood liner
Hybrid front grill (or can I keep my ltz grill?)
Hybrid front bumper

-anything else I need like bolts, brackets?
-am I blocking any necessary airflow like the tow hooks area that's open?
-do the ltz tow hooks and fog lights get in the way of the hybrid bumper?

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily ran into a hybrid today

Huge diff. Love that bumper!

A3B05469-D618-4688-B8AA-AFD6ED90AAC8-7919-000004945F466D77_zps7d90cade.jpg

OP
OP
C

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
having a look around the two rigs, the rear bumpers are completely different as well. the hybrid rear bumper has a more squarish shape to match the front. the sides have different aero bits on it too. the spoiler and rear gate have already been discussed.

so if one were to be exacting about it to stay with the whole design theme (me), you'd want to ideally fit all the parts from the hybrid onto the regular tahoe.

Last edited:

ussuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey you guys sorry to stir up an old post but I really like the squared look of the Tahoe Hybrid and did a lot of research since I have a Suburban... So I finally came across a used OEM bumper on eBay local pick up in San Diego ( 40 minutes from me ). Picked it up and had it color matched to my paint... Bought a used OEM top grill piece from a Tahoe Hybrid on eBay and the bottom grill piece on eBay BUT from a China seller and China product... but whatever! The "tow hook covers" and bottom air dam are on order from Chevy San Diego with 3 left in stock... otherwise the fender lines match up perfectly... the under bumper mounts fit perfectly and along with the headlights... the only thing and if you see in the picture with my horrible water damaged headlight the hood is about an inch back from the bumper since the Tahoe Hybrid hood is aluminum and stamped differently than the reg. Tahoe's and Subs... otherwise IT IS POSSIBLE and makes the truck look 2018 and not the ugly old style fog light bumper that they put on 100+mil trucks... Here are the photos of it... and since I was doing paint work I had the side emblems and moldings removed... plus added Escalade 3rd Brake Light + OEM Escalade Tail Lights and did brake light over ride turn signal modification. Waiting also on my American Flag design front bow tie... Again.. sorry to stir up an old post but I finally got my truck finished.. Hope all is well to everyone, and happy holidays.. I am new here thanks again.. and YES my license plate is just US...

IMG_20181208_1557205.jpg

IMG_20181208_1557355.jpg

IMG_20181208_1558041.jpg

IMG_20181208_1557556.jpg

ussuburban

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_20190130_1640370.jpg IMG_20190130_1640346.jpg Here's a final update of my suburban with the tahoe hybrid front bumper along with the air damn pieces and tow hook covers installed... my bow tie has glue drying don't worry doesn't always look like that. As you can see in the second pic that's where you can really see the hood not lining up.

Thanks guys let me know what you all think!

Cheers

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just to clarify, the hood is also from the Hybrid model? And it's aluminium?