How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03LTAT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If i just want the PCM flashed for fan control can this be done separately from a tune or do i have to do the whole package? If not whats the price for fan activation?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If i just want the PCM flashed for fan control can this be done separately from a tune or do i have to do the whole package? If not whats the price for fan activation?
It can be done separate, you just need to find someone with a Tech 2 or equivalent. Not sure what they would charge you.

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After searching I came up with conflicting part numbers for my application. Anyone with an 8.1 4l85e combo do this upgrade? If so, do you have the correct part number for the fans?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a couple of e-fans locally, wondering if either would work for my '04 Yukon XL?

https://utica.craigslist.org/pts/d/dual-electric-fan-chevy-gmc/6436355521.html
The fans are universal for the most part. My first set was from an 05 Yukon. The set in my truck now are for a `13 escalade. The only difference is the blade count. As long as you have the larger radiator it will fit. I believe it is 34" between each tank and 38" end to end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my 03 gmc the when the clutch fan took its 3 rd and last crap on me i was out of warranty, so i bought 2 16 inch pro comp fans, ditched the shroud, ran a fog light set up switch a relay for each fan and used the on off switch as needed, left em on full time for the most part, made the ac work better then ever before.

if i had thought there was a pinned wire to add to the pcm to make it work i would have gone that route of course, but the fans were not on the 03 trucks, so i went about doing it old school.

truck ran a degree or two cooler too.

Gmc e fans.jpg

MCAT069

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The 1/2 ton ones are like 150 on Amazon. Flexalite wants almost 500 for the one for the 8.1L. The radiator is different than the 6.0 (bigger) so that's what gives me pause about using the 1/2 fans on mine.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those fans i installed were on a 2500 HD pick up with a 6.0 iirc they were 20 ish a fan.

of all the cars and trucks ive owned. i miss this one the most.

MVC-003F.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts