How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh i will let yall know. im gonna see if my neighbor that is the GM at the Cadi dealer can get a price on the oem ones to compare.. and a # for a gauge cluster while im at it now that i just thought of this idea..

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck, OEM is around $500-700 lol. I got a "guy". cross reference the brand while you are at it, should be the same. I'm sure you will like it after the tune and everything. Yours will be plug in play once your pins are activated. It will be a different truck.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good luck, OEM is around $500-700 lol. I got a "guy". cross reference the brand while you are at it, should be the same. I'm sure you will like it after the tune and everything. Yours will be plug in play once your pins are activated. It will be a different truck.

I am sure hoping that it is diffrent after spending the money for long tube headers and a tune and fans.. i already love it should love it even more.. and the BB harness seems easy to wire from reading this thread..

thanks guys for all the good information

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my E-fans on a 2006 Silverado at the local U-pull it yard. I really lucked out finding an 06 in the yard, They usually only have 02 and older trucks in there. I not only got the fans, but I got the entire factory wiring harness with the relay pack as well. But since my 01 only has one pin in the PCM to control the fans, I had to tie the other pin into the AC clutch control wire. Because that wire is positive, I had to add a relay to make it a negative trigger because the 06 relay harness is setup for negative triggers from the PCM.

Last edited:

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
call me crazy, but I swear Rock Auto has the factory fans for $146! They are Dorman which is the factory brand. I'm kicking myself for not looking here before sifting through the local junkyards. I paid more for mine out of an 05 Kon.

I'm pretty sure the NNBS fans will fit the NBS since the layout is the same, even the fan motor connections. only difference seems to be the fan blade count is higher and more curved.

Had I found these earlier I would have been the guineau pig to see if they fit. FWIW I paid about $250 for my junkyard take offs..ugh.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

You ain't wrong!!

Rock Auto is the truth!

I did mine for under $30 all told. It works really well, and it's clean.

Rpprvnce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any thoughts on an aftermarket system? I would like to install my efans before i get my black bear tune and I found a seller on ebay selling a complete kit with a perfect rating besides one customer. Here is the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEV...rQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1967wt_941
Ive researched and researched this and i was wondering for a temporary solution only, could I use the BB harness on a set of factory fans with a electric fan controller?I would install everything according to the thread but instead of using the pin 44 (that I dont have activated yet) connect that wire to the aftermarket controller that is installed in the radiator. I have an 02 yukon btw. Any advice would be appreciated!!!

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-3653

or

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BCI-75030/

Setup the relay to trigger on ground instead of 12volt positive...

This will function exactly like the PCM trigger and can be used as a temp means until you get pin 32 turned on via tune...
Or as a permanent solution for guy who alrdy have a tune but didnt get pin 32 turned on..

On fan topic but regaurding the AC trigger.. My AC is on everytime I am in the vehical and cannot stand the loud roar of these high end electric fans.. Lets face it we all converted for both the MPG/Power and how quiet they run compared to a clutch fan... Well reality slaps us after the fact,, they are louder than the clutch fan when we use our AC.
I will be disconnecting my AC trigger and using the thermal controller in first link to turn kick the fans on high when vehical reachs 212 or so..

I ran for 2 days with out the AC trigger hooked up even while running my AC full blast in 112* heat, and didnt have over heat issues with engine... SO I feel theres no need toblastem on high unless the engine gets overly hot..

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im currently running a nelson harness.. BBT or Nelson,, your choice..
BBT harness look to be high quality just like the nelson harness..
They will both function the same.

I did however pull the 30amp relays in favor of 60amp relays...

As far as OEM fans vs aftermarket. thats your choice aswell..
I will say this.. I have never seen a OEM electric fan fail. I know they do, just never personaly seen it.
However, I have gone through countless Derale and various other cheap fans from auto stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts