How To: Hidden Antenna Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I did it as well thanks to this thread. My parents live in a rural area outside of Phoenix and I noticed lower quality signal by them but in Phoenix it sounds every bit as good as before. Very happy with this mod overall. Especially as I usually listen to my ipod anyway.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on black denali's it is an onstar antenna....but i tried mine in place of the antenna, but for some reason mine is different, and wouldn't screw on.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just did it today and zip tied it in place... looks much cleaner, and i notice nooo difference in the reception in my area... only took bout 10 mins with having to secure it all down...

ecordell

CordellDesigns.com
Reaction score
on black denali's it is an onstar antenna....but i tried mine in place of the antenna, but for some reason mine is different, and wouldn't screw on.

I did this on a camaro I had. I had to take my antenna off, find the right tap and dye threader and rethread the post, once I did that, the onstar antenna went on just fine and looked a ton better on the camaro than the damn antenna sticking 2 ft over the damn roof.

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
I see them and it looks good! I will likely buy that piece as well as I'm not fond of the hole either.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
order it from that link i sent...it was 12 bux plus shipping and it got here real quick.

joes 00 Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To op, this was a good idea! I did it a couple days ago....so simple, and haven't noticed any problems as of yet. THANX!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gsmith