How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I believe it's the actuator that is behind the radio, or possibly right under drivers dash. think that's the one that controls the air from left and right in front. someone else might know exactly, but I believe it's that one. Best way to figure it out, is get in there, move the door manually to see if it fixes the problem.

wrx600rr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could this be my problem only opposite? I have my heat on and only cold air comes out, the rear has heat but not the front so I know its not my heater core and its not leaking water anywhere in the cabin!

Clemsonbloz

Reaction score
the blend door actuator behind the radio does the passenger side.. driver side is above the hump...

I had the drivers side hot last summer,, took the actuator out, and apart and cleaned.. works like a champ..

the passenger side now is being dumb, and it's the bastard part behind the radio...

endo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the write-up, just fixed mine on a GMC Sierra.

LaOrange

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all
I have the same problem on all three Front Driver, Front Passenger, and Rear
at times They will work for months at a time Then drive you NUTS
If i turn the Truck off and restart it usually works again
I guess I will have to change ALL 3
Thanks

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has been acting up for damn near 3 years now. But I learned how to deal with it. The actuator will only get stuck if I turn it all the way to hot. As long as I don't turn it 100% to the right for complete hot then it will go right back to cold. If it ever gets permanantly stuck then I will definitely replace the actuator. LOL!

Reaction score
man i gottta 97 thats kinda doing the opposite. I have very little heat when cranked up to hot. No rear controls on my hoe but my thermostat, waterpump, radiatior is all new. Both hoses to heater core are hot to the touch so thats fine too. SOMEONE PLEASE help me here. cold as hell here in chicago and my mf heats acting up.

viperbluelx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that one considered the "main" actuator, or the "auxiliary" actuator? Mine is bad also but the parts store lists two, one's around $40 and the other is around $140.

dubyatf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '04 Tahoe with climate control needed a blend door actuator. Symptoms were: Intermittent hot air with A/C on - usually it would stay hot. At first, as others have experienced, turning off ignition and restarting vehicle would correct. Even that trick eventually just stopped working however. When the hot aired flowed the blower would speed up too - when in the automatic mode.

GM part number was 89018365. I paid about $150 for it - I'm sure you can get it cheaper in Dorman or at thru an AC/Delco Distributor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz