How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KUDOS to the O.P!!

Also goes to show a simple search goes a long way!!

Since I don't drive my 04 as much anymore I went to my folks house where it's parked to start it but the battery was dead, jumped it and got it going. Noticed the passenger side blowing very hot. Quickly got to searching and found this, I didn't replace anything but tried the calibration in the first post and it worked! You could hear the door under the dash upon opening the ignition and holding it for a minute. Maybe mine is going but atleast I got it to work while I save up for an oem piece.

Sent from my Rooted Droid X using hacked Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I registered just to say thanks for the write up! Good job. Replaced mine last week after finally getting that dern bolt out on the hush panel. Got the blister on my finger to prove it!

Took me a few tries calibrating but it has been spot on so far once done correctly.

Many thanks! Cheers!

tmtb2013

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My problem is that my driver side heat only blows cold. The heat works everywhere else, and the air blows cold out of the drivers side. I have had this problem for about a year, I researched it before and I knew it was an actuator but I'm still not sure which one it is. Any help with this would be great, also if it matters it is on an 04 Burban.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I registered just to say thanks for the write up! Good job. Replaced mine last week after finally getting that dern bolt out on the hush panel. Got the blister on my finger to prove it!

Took me a few tries calibrating but it has been spot on so far once done correctly.

Many thanks! Cheers!

That one bolt is the most horrible part of this job! That one bolt takes longer than the rest of the job (including picking up the part from the store :Boo:)

jfjcld04z71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have a write-up, or know where one is, on accessing the passenger's-side blend door actuator (the one behind the radio)? I have an '04 Tahoe with electronic dual climate zone controls. I have already pulled the radio and the climate control HU, but can't access anything back there due to the dash structure being in the way. Tried pulling my glove box out, but couldn't get the far left side off. Do I have to take the center console out just to get the glove box all the way out? Thanks in advance for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Never mind; I found it here:

http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/03/2004-chevrolet-silverado-dash-cover.html

...and here (continuation of first link; there is a link inside the above link to get to the below link, but just wanted to put it here just in case):

http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/03/2004-chevrolet-silverado-changing.html

scottvan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 LT with digital A/C controls.

Well, I changed my battery the other day, started it up, and I got hot air blowing through the windshield vents. The A/C was set to 60F. The rear A/C seemed to be working fine. I couldn't turn down the heat on the front unless I turned it all off. I also couldn't change the output vents, although the digital display said 60F and front panel. So I disconnected the battery for a minute, reconnected it, started it up and left the A/C off for a few minutes. Turning it back on, I was able to direct the air to whichever vents I want, but it was still blowing hot air. Rear A/C working fine.

It seems to be working normally now. I had read somewhere on the internets that pressing the #1 seat position setting resets the A/C computer, and I guess that is what has fixed it. I say fixed it, in that it is now blowing cold air, and since it's 90F here, I'm not going to experiment with the A/C controls any further.

Has anyone here ever had this problem when disconnecting the battery?

mykon04

Reaction score
Blend door actuator

I just wanted to say thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread. I replaced my blend door actuator and ran through the progam steps and it came out perfect. I did alot of research and even found a write up on it on another website.

My first issue was the passenger side would get hot while the driver side would stay cold no issue unless the wife was riding with me. Just recently the driver side started turning hot while the passenger side would stay cold. I pulled off the hush panel and noticed when the knob was turned all the way to hot the actuator would not function. I ordered the part from rock auto three days later took about thirty minutes tops and had it all fixed and put back together.
Thanks TYF, Justin

Last edited:

TIMHUTCHISON

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I screwed up and plugged up the actuator and activated it so that it would be in the same position that the old one was in......now I can only get cold air to blow out no matter where I turn the temp knob. I have dual air....so I changed the one on the driver's side. Any ideas???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64

Latest posts