How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well figured mine out, my a/c stopped blowing. No force, so i tried the blower motor, wasnt that as i found out, changed out auto climate, wasnt that, so then changed the blower resistor, connected to the blower and now i have full force a/c.. In my mind, it works better than before.. So i say change your blower resistor if any problems.

Cheddar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 with the same issue, Whiteout, what year is your Tahoe? and where did you order the part from ? Nice write up !!!

bfranklin74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello, thanks for the post. I have an 05 tahoe with the same problem as first stated. It blows cold on drivers side and about 300 degrees on passenger. I went and bought a brand new actuator today and followed the directions to a t now i still have the same problem. What do i do now??

Clemsonbloz

Reaction score
the blend door act for the other side is behind the radio! That was the easy one to get to.. There is also one on the drivers side above the hump that controls the air location(defrost,floor,vent, ect)..

Word of advice.. The back bolt in the long panel that he removed to get to the blend door act,,the aggervating one over the hump,,, throw it away.. the other fasteners will hold everything just fine, and you'll never deal with that aggervating bastard-bolt again!

bfranklin74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LMAO. bastard is one of the very few words i called that bolt. lol thats funny. Anyway today I figured out the problem. It was the actuator under the dash pad to the right of the radio. Now your taking some curse words. That was a JOB!!! took me about 2 hours but now im blowing COOOLLLLDDDD.. I think I did pretty good I only had 2 screws left over!! Not BAD! But I would suggest letting a mechanic do it!

gringoloco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. Took me forever to finger out what was going on with mine. One of those things you don't think about 'til you're sitting at a stoplight and your dash starts chucking fireballs...

OP
OP
WHITEOUT

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so sorry about not replying, kinda forgot about this thread, since when I wrote it, no one seemed to care at the time!!! LOL. I know alot of people had this same problem, so... I'm back to help if I can.

I went to the junk yard personally, cause I wasn't about to pay the $75-$150 they want for these actuators brand new!! But that's me, and I picked up an extra one incase. Paid $20 total for 2. I have an 01' Tahoe, so everyone who is looking to do this needs to check the numbers on the back, or bottom of there actuator to ensure they are getting the right part. Seemed like different years, makes, models, had different actuators. So, make sure you get the right one.

Bfranklin74- yours sounds like the actuator behind the dash, cause your atleast blowing cold from one side, but not the other. And pretty sure that actuator behind radio controls left and right/driver/passenger, air. But didn't need to mess with that personally

As far as rear air goes. Mine was blowing cold in rear, but hot in front if I moved control knob. Rear always worked for me, so never had to mess with it.

Sorry again guys about not responding to my own thread!!!:emotions122:
Here to try and help now if I can.

Owe, and make sure to follow those re-learn steps!!! Actuator needs to be recalibrated to your system and how it is set.

Last edited:

twbauer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just went through the blend door actuator mess and how it was fixed. I wrote up how I cleaned my actuator and got it working again. Thread is in the general section of the forum. Title is "blend door actuator or climate control".

florida boy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know which actuator would cause hot air on the drivers side only? This has been happening about every 3 days now and want to get it fixed. Thanks.