How to fix Hot Air when A/C is on. Install new air mix/blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem in my tahoe, but now that the actuator is stuck in cold -position, I haven't got any intrest to fix it, maybe when it's gettin colder and I need to get some hot air into the truck.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have this problem on my driver side about everty 2 months. the actuators are $265 at the dealer and $35 on ebay! looks like I have some directions now! Thanks!!

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
AWESOME post bro! ill move it to the tech section. any of you other guys that do this should take pics also and add to this.

Whiteout - what did you pay for your part and where did you get it?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this a old thread, but its a very helpful thread, thanks whiteout, should definently be a sticky.
But my a/c just stopped working, bad blower motor, replaced w/ new blower motor. But its not blowing hard like it should. I got it once to push air like i used to, even w/ the recirc. air on, but now its just barley even blowing air. Is this the actuator going bad also? Should i go ahead install the actuator also and then disconnect battery like stated to have it all work properly? Also, i have the digital climate control.

Last edited:

smurphy80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this also apply to an '02 yukon with electronic climate control? I have the hot air issue from time to time when I first start my truck and it idles for a few minutes or I pull over and it idles for a few minutes, hot air starts to come out of the vents. But as soon as I start driving it cools right down again. Any ideas?

scorpio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have that problem with my rear ac, i just got the new actuator think ill do a write up on it.

+1 same problem here but i had went to the junkyard got 3 actuators for the back and as soon as i conect them and turn on the heat they still go to the same position and only cold air comes out. Plz let us know what come up with. Thanx

ilmk123

Reaction score
smurphy80 I had this same problem and my system was over charged. When sitting idling the pressure would build up and sometimes it would even kick off the compresor.
The shop pulled it down and recharged it. The air is cold but only in the back. It blows only cool air out both sides of the front vents. I have disconnected the actuator above the hump and move it by hand and it would get no colder. So I am still tryin g to figure thie out......Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins

Latest posts