How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the 6 high mod today but I did do it a little different. Honestly, I didn't want to force 2 solid diode ends in with the relay pin.

I soldered jumpers to the relay pins and the relays still pop in all the way. I also used In-Sure 3-port push-in wire connectors so everything can be changed quickly. If a relay goes out it can come apart and the only thing extra to do is solder a jumper wire on the new relay.

I took a few pics. Since this is a little more exposed I also used heat shrink to cover the exposed diode leads. I got the diodes from Radio Shack...only thing with mine was the leads off the diode were waaaay shorter...another reason I went with jumper wires off the relays first.

IMAG0068.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

Cameron

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What post numbers are you jumping for this?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the High and Low relay jump pin 86
On the fog relay jump pin 85

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out the full time fog mod too, in case anybody wants to know.

adzam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just did the 4 high mod. Worked great. I then continued to the 6 high mod and my fogs were coming on with the highs no matter if the switch was on or not. I did not like this because one of my fogs is currently not working right so I haven't been using them. So I reverted back to the 4 high mod and my highs weren't working at all! I than removed the diode, tested and everything worked fine stock. Went back to the 4 high and it worked fine again!

Anyway, I am wondering if I did something wrong with the fogs. From my understanding they should stay on with the highs if they were already on but not come on with the highs if they were off.

I have an 03 Denali...

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

On the High and Low relay jump pin 86
On the fog relay jump pin 85

I'm a little confused now... The OP said to jump 85 on the high and low relay

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe I am mistaken.

I just went out and looked at all my jumpers. From the drive side fender view of my fuse box all my relays are upsidedown. Meaning the "Orion" is upsidedown & on the lower RHS. This is exactly how things were before I did the mod & exactly how it was replaced when I was done. Every relay in my fuse box is oriented this way.

I have the wires on the lower RHS on HIGH & LOW socket pins in the box EXACTLY as the picture shows. The FOG uses the upper LHS socket pin.

As my relays are oriented all upsidedown by my pov the HIGH and LOW relay jump pin 86
& the fog relay jump pin 85.

In the pictures on page 1, the LOW relay is actually right side up and the others are upsidedown. Given the position of the LOW relay in the pic on page 1 the pin on the lower RHS would match pin 85 not 86. 86 is on the upper LHS.

I don't know if this matters but my high 6 works just fine. I wired mine based on where he said the wires went on the fuse box (lower RHS on the LOW & HIGH & the upper LEFT on the FOG).

Cameron