How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go to bed, but bump this thread again (reply to this post) and I'll show you how to do it my way (all out) tomorrow.

I will shoot you a PM as well, I'm in no rush. Have a few days before I'd get to it anyway. What me and my lack of electric skills are guessing is that it would work if I did the 6 High mod, then connect a diode from the HDLP-Low 85 to the Fog LP 85, with the gray part of the diode facing the Low relay. Will talk tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Edit: After looking at the fuse diagram and writing it out, I might just try a few things to cut out redundancies but get what I am looking for. I guess at this point my question is what could I break in this process? :p Do I need to worry about anything touching anything, other than involving non-85 pins? I say this because I may diode the Fogs to the DRLs so the fogs are truly 24/7, and then will have to see whether I like the look of DRLs and Lows on at the same time or not.

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can jump the relay terminals with diodes. I converted my DRLs to Amber running lights and covered my photo cell - on top of the full time fog mod. Now I have full time, full auto: Lows, Running lights (w/Amber DRLs), Projectors, and Halos (w/leds) that I wired to the running lights and blinkers, so they blink as well. I can still control my lighting: Full time, full auto with "Off", "Parking only", Parking w/ Fogs", and the 8 - Hi mod (if you count the DRLs). All in all, I love the setup. It's really effective when you're in the passing lane, or on a dark road.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So all it is is using extra diodes to includd DRLs and blinkers, as I described in my last post? By "jump the relay terminals" you mean connecting with diodes as in the OP diode? If so, all of this is much easier than I thought.

Thanks again.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not rocket science. You just have to understand how diodes and relays work.

Also: Don't forget that you can splice into another lighting circuit with regular wire. Just make sure the circuits have the same amperage and you're good.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did yall remove the relays? Do you have to squeeze anywhere or press anything, or is it just a grip n pull? Was putting a decent amount of force into it, but did not want to break anything.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You just have to pull 'em out of there. You're not going to break anything. There's no special way of doing it. I used pliers.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Had already looked at some other forums and figured I'd just try it. Used pliers, pulled those suckers like teeth. They came out clean, no clicking or popping, just a big, sustained pull. Anyway:

Finished this a little while ago, here's how I did it in order to get 6 High and Fogs on with Lows. Works exactly how I wanted!

20131215_145242_zpsc24b7ec9.jpg

20131215_145821_zps8573bf39.jpg

Prepared to test it for first time:
20131215_145917_zps8a54173b.jpg

It works! Highs on, therefore lows and fogs on. (In Park, so parking lights/side marker also on)
20131215_150423_zpscee9774f.jpg

Lows on, therefore fogs on (and in Park)
20131215_150518_zps5f50a150.jpg

As always, thanks for all the help guys!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on! Glad to see it worked out for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys