1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Discussion in 'Tech Info' started by tast101, May 12, 2009.

Car Parts
  1. malmed

malmed Full Access Member

Name:
    John
    I bought the diodes to do the mod, but I want to do something I have not seen mentioned... I want my parking lights on anytime my truck is running. I would also like my DRL on anytime the truck is running. What do I need to jump with the diode to make that happen?

2. YukonXL04

YukonXL04 The Riverboat Supporting Member

Name:
    Shawn
    Seems like you could just wire the parking and DRL together. If you put the diode in, it would only work one way or the other. Not both.

malmed likes this.
  3. malmed

Name:
    John
    I converted my DRL to amber too, but I want them on when my parking lights are on, or if I don't turn on the parking lights to function 'normal'.
    Can you explain to me how to make that happen?

4. xDan

xDan Member

Name:
    dan
    Why make DRL's amber? DRL's don't output a whole lot of light vs low beams anyways so why remove the functionality of DRL's to have them on all the time?

malmed likes this.
  5. malmed

Name:
    John
    Cause I like the look of the DRL being amber and on with parking lights, all the time... unless it is dark and my headlights are on, then I want the DRL off...

xDan likes this.
  6. BentleyArnage

BentleyArnage Member

Name:
    Bentley
    looks like the first mod, aside from the trailer brake install. I have the harness, but it won't fit where it says it goes. And the controller doesn't work. Which may be from the accident. If it got wet, I'm sure it's junk.