How to do the 4 or 6 high mod on an 03-06 full size truck for $3.00

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidsSLT

Reaction score
Ok noob questions.

Is the purpose of this mod just to have the 4 or 6 lights on at the same time while driving?

I just dont see the purpose of having the the 4 lights on at the same time, is it just for better light output?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok noob questions.

Is the purpose of this mod just to have the 4 or 6 lights on at the same time while driving?

I just dont see the purpose of having the the 4 lights on at the same time, is it just for better light output?

Yes.

This is good if you have hids because hids take 1-2 seconds to warm up.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bump an older thread, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around this one, especially as it seems there are a few different "variations" going on in this thread. Below is what I would like to accomplish in the end. Could someone tell me if the 6 High mod from the OP is all I need to do, or point me where I can find the writeup for what else I need in addition?

I am sick of having to hit the button to turn Fogs on, every time. I want my fogs to be wired so that whenever my lows are on, so are my fogs. Now, my lows would still be wired so that they still come on based on the light sensor (like normal) or the headlamp switch (again, normal), but whenever I turn my highs on (via stick forward), my lows stay on, as if I pulled the stick towards me. Because the lows are on, the fogs are on. Basically makes fogs my 3rd and 4th low. I do not care about functionality of the fogs button.

Is the above what the 6 High mod accomplishes? Is there anything in addition that I need to do?

Thanks for the help!

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the "Full Auto 8-High Mod" (I engineered it myself). There should be a DIY post in this thread where I walked someone through it (you can see my "Automatic, instant on" lights in my avatar).

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the "Full Auto 8-High Mod" (I engineered it myself). There should be a DIY post in this thread where I walked someone through it (you can see my "Automatic, instant on" lights in my avatar).

I saw that, but is that what I need? The 6 high won't do it?

Edit: Rather, I thought I saw it, but only saw things referencing it. Could you link it by any chance, if I truly need it?

Last edited:

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want your fogs on w/ your lows, then you don't even need to do the 6-Hi mod. Just jump your relays, or tap your fog wiring into your lows.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just want your fogs on w/ your lows, then you don't even need to do the 6-Hi mod. Just jump your relays, or tap your fog wiring into your lows.

That's what I thought I wanted, but then seeing y'alls enjoyment of all of this, I figured I might as well go the full mile, right?

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go to bed, but bump this thread again (reply to this post) and I'll show you how to do it my way (all out) tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romeroman64