How should I mount this amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My system is virtually done. I need to tuck away a few wires around the amp and I need to fix the video to play without the parking break on. However, I need/want a better mounting rig for my amp. What ideas do you guys have? Any pics of what yall have done?

DSCN2100.png
DSCN2101.png

Here's a pic of my head unit, Pioneer AVH-3300BT:
DSCN2099.png

Last edited:

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put my amp on the back of the 60% seat back ... my cap is where you put your amp.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
cut a board a little larger than the amp. carpet it then mount it to the seat frame and mount the amp to the board. i can give you the dimensions of my amp board if you want.. but mine runs under both side of the back seat. it held 2 large amps.

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would probably prefer to keep it mounted on the floor underneath the seat. The reason is because I frequently fold the seats down to haul stuff (sometimes heavy). What about some sort of box that would protect it with some fans built in for cooling? This was my original idea, but I was in a hurry to get my system installed (as you can see from all of the stray wires, lol).

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run wires for fans, but on sub box maybe?

Basically I've got a good idea - I'm just not very artistic, or proficient at woodwork. What I was thinking was some kind of box, with a fan or two mounted flush on top blowing air in, and a fan or two on the bottom drawing the air out (again, flush). Also drilling holes in the bottom of the box to run the wires up through the bottom for a cleaner look. Has anybody done anything remotely like this?

The things I want to accomplish are:
  1. Keep the amp cool
  2. Make it look clean/neat
  3. Protect the amp when I fold the seats down and haul stuff

Thanks for the replies so far!

OP
OP
yukon2004

yukon2004

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas on how to keep the amp from sliding around? My original idea (that failed), was to glue a strip of Velcro on the bottom of each piece of the mounting blocks that I made. The Velcro didn't stick to the carpet at all.

DSCN2101.png

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
custom amp rack under seat
1104tr_04+2005_gmc_sierra_2500+amp_rack.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19