How many of you actually off-road with your 2015 and newer Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a 15 or newer mine is a 2011 It does a fair amount of off road travel. I try not to dent it but it certainly has a fair number of Nevada pin stripes. Post up some photos of yours...
Nice set-up!

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW, that is impressive. I have never seen a 2015+ look that serious!
Thanks. One of my son's classmates mom drives a 2015 that's almost identical to ours minus the bumper. Same color too. I went wheeling with the Cal 4WD Assn and there was an Expedition set up similar to my Suburban.

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
!:30-3:30 of this video shows what the trail was like for the most part. Some areas were a a little rougher, some smoother, some tighter (I had to fold both mirrors in to squeeze between a couple of trees). The rest of this video shows some optional trails and play areas for the more built vehicles. Sorry I didn't have time to find a different video.

OP
OP
Etraeger

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
!:30-3:30 of this video shows what the trail was like for the most part. Some areas were a a little rougher, some smoother, some tighter (I had to fold both mirrors in to squeeze between a couple of trees). The rest of this video shows some optional trails and play areas for the more built vehicles. Sorry I didn't have time to find a different video.

BTW, this is an older video that someone else posted on Youtube. Not my video.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly GM is saying don’t go offroad in their trucks:
http://coloradofans.com/forums/282-...-driveline-issues-side-airbag-deployment.html

But as for my yukon xl... it’s awesome in slippery dirt... but that Mrc suspension sucks at anything over a slow slow crawl on dang near flat ground.

It’s just too long with too little travel with crappy shocks.

Maybe with an mrc delete and a way to transfer the rear integrated air bags to an auxiliary set up. Otherwise it stays tow duty.

I’m keeping an eye on the above thread. There have been quite a few airbag deployments in these trucks when offroad for no reason.
I’ll definitly be pulling fuse #18