How many miles did your front brakes go before changing? Mine went 250K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope and I am not even easy on brakes. I have 40k miles on the pads on my Gallardo and that includes some track days.
I drive like I am on the track everyday, lol
I would estimate after driving since I was 15 that 99.9% of people do not drive like me, although I have eased off the pedal "some" mostly on WOT take off's because it tends to destroy things after a bit. If I smell my pads burning when I pull in the driveway then I know I was getting a little out of hand.
I also replace my pads somewhat early because once they get worn down a bit the stopping power decrease's there is a difference in feel between a pad at 90% versus 30%

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First set of front pads went 57,282 miles and the rotors were turned. Second set with same rotors went 78,658 miles.

First set of rear brakes went 121,173 miles.

RedInCo

Reaction score
145K on the fronts, 99K on the rears.

2010 Yukon Denali AWD with the 6.2. Bought it used at 40K and assume it had original brakes then. Since I got it, about half the miles have been towing a near 7000 pound travel trailer, most of the rest has been solo highway miles.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought mine in 2018-19 with 86K and dealer had just installed new pads and front rotors. ONE week later they were warped. Upgraded to Geomet Carbon rotors that I had Cryo treated with police silicone calipers and after 30K with Hawk pads and driving it like those police videos on Youtube, Pads are finally gone but rotors are still good but have a lip. OEM rears are finally also 5%. Putting on another set of same front pad and new rotors and now doing rear Hawk pads also this weekend.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 Tahoe Hybrid just changed the front pads at 262k after the passenger side flexible brake line went bad and I had a dragging caliper. Still had about 1/3 full pad on drivers side. And yes I changed both sides flexible lines all good now. This is the ONE redeeming quality on Hybrid vehicles the regenerative braking system makes the brake pads last almost forever (unless of a course a caliper is dragging Hahah)