How long until you get a VIN/Build date post order?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommytuna

Reaction score
I ordered a 2015i Tahoe LTZ three weeks ago. I checked in with the dealer last week and he said a VIN and build date haven't been assigned yet. How long typically for this part of the process. I was hoping to get it in Jan in time for our ski trip out east in early Feb.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask him for your order number and what is the status of that order. Once you have that number you can confirm with GM customer service to see that build code you are at. I am going to guess you are at 1100 now.

ky2015denali

Reaction score
I ordered a 2015i Tahoe LTZ three weeks ago. I checked in with the dealer last week and he said a VIN and build date haven't been assigned yet. How long typically for this part of the process. I was hoping to get it in Jan in time for our ski trip out east in early Feb.

Do not want to burst your bubble but I would not get my hopes up for that time frame. The plant will have some shutdown for the Xmas/New Years holiday and deliveries having been held up for lack of rail cars from Texas. You will be extremely fortunate to see it some time in Feb, jus' saying!

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mention earlier get the order # then go to GMC/Chevy website and click on "Chat now" and select "Checking the status of my order". An agent will come online and give them the information.
I ordered mine 2 weeks and I'm at 2000 "Order accepted".
I hope I get mine soon as well to take the family on a ski trip to Mammoth.

I got these codes from another website.. These codes were posted back in 2012:

GM Production Codes
1000 Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by GM
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospec Order
2030 Order Edited by GM
2500 Order Preferenced, Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence
3300 Order Selected, Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant *
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production, loaded on assembly plant computers
3800 Vehicle Produced, VIN is available
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportaion or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at rr destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Order is at status code 1100.. Is this normal 3 weeks post order?

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Order is at status code 1100.. Is this normal 3 weeks post order?

It can be. Some people have waited 8 months at 1100. Depends if your dealer has allocation for new units. Ask the owner or sales manager when their next allocation is expected. Hopefully they are honest with you.

OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
It can be. Some people have waited 8 months at 1100. Depends if your dealer has allocation for new units. Ask the owner or sales manager when their next allocation is expected. Hopefully they are honest with you.

Arghh.. Precisely what I was trying to avoid. I've flat out asked the dealer what is up with it being stuck at 1100 and to verify they have allocation.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah most dealers will tell you they have allocation just to make the sale...then come to find out they don't.

I received mine in 7 weeks and I sat at 1100 for about 3 of those weeks as well so "there's a chance"

Like noted though, Christmas will probably kill a couple of weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts