How long did you have to wait after getting a TPW when ordering a 2023 Yukon SLT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a 2023 Yukon SLT on August 16. On September 12, they called and said they had an allocation. Gave me a TPW of October 16, and then received a text on October 9 that GM had started production on my Yukon. The text said I would receive another email once my car receives a VIN number and has been produced.

Question: How long is everyone seeing the process taking these days to get the vehicle in hand??? Just super nervous with the strike that my car is going to be on the assembly line and they are going to strike in Arlington. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
Btw: my dealership is in Northern Alabama.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it was on the line oct 9, then it is built. If i remember mine took like a day or 2 after that to get notified it was built. It just depends on whats going on now outside the plant and railroad lines and trucking as well. Talk tonyiur dealer and see if they have vinview, if they do they can see precisely where it is.

OP
OP
S

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer isn’t sharing much with me. Just said they would let me know when it ships.
I would like updates along the way! I don’t think that is too much to ask when you are ordering an $80K vehicle!!

OP
OP
S

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I even signed up through GMC for update, but haven’t received any update. And I reached out through the chat feature on GMC.coM, and they wouldn’t give me any info, and when I asked for a production code, they said that hasn’t proven useful when sharing with customers in the past, so they are no longer sharing …. I am so frustrated!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a 2023 suburban high country Tuesday. Was ordered September 7 and delivered October 13, 5 weeks! They are cranking out vehicles at crazy speeds right now. And my dealer told me the shipping/freight side of the vehicles is not affected by the strike, they’re non union.

OP
OP
S

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have been stressing since learning of the plant shut down yesterday. But spoke with my dealership, and my Yukon is in route to Birmingham
railyard. ETA to dealership is now 10/31-11/3. Whew…got lucky on this one!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer ordered a 24 Tahoe for me. He was compelled to enter my information into some program that connects to my Chevy account. He seems to think that I’ll either be able to track my build or they are going to notify me through email about its build status. Does anybody have more info on this.

OP
OP
S

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was advised to fill out a form on GM website that was suppose to give me updates, but it never worked. I even filled it out twice, thinking I had mistyped my email, etc. I sure do hope it works for your benefit. Nothing more frustrating than having no information when waiting on an $70K+ car being built.

OP
OP
S

Sublett0715

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up my Yukon today and it is all I wanted and more! Best of wishes to those with orders out right now on Yukons. Getting the allocation was the hardest part. It’s all downhill from there!!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was advised to fill out a form on GM website that was suppose to give me updates, but it never worked. I even filled it out twice, thinking I had mistyped my email, etc. I sure do hope it works for your benefit. Nothing more frustrating than having no information when waiting on an $70K+ car being built.
Where is the form?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019