How bad is it Doc?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeri99

Reaction score
I have this weird leak coming from tubing around the master cylinder...maybe some pics can better expain: IMG_2292.JPG IMG_2293.JPG

Anyone have an idea what kind of leak this is and how I can go about fixing it? Thanks in advance

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Powers steering fluid from the hydraboost system that is in place of the vacuum brake booster. Honestly that "leak" I would not even think twice about it. It's only residue and very minimal residue at that. If you were to clean that off, it would more than likely take a good amount of time to be noticeable again.

If it were my truck, I'd double check the power steering fluid but youre more than likely still sittin topped off and let that ride.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank a lot guys for the info I'll look into it for sure
If the area below where the master cylinder meets the hydro boost is dry you can just replace the hose. My hose was covered in fluid so i did both because i couldn't tell where it was comimg from. My brakes worked better afterwards but I had a bad leak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Steve A

Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell from the picture but my vote is the hose end is leaking a little. I'd try a new hose first.

OP
OP
J

Jeri99

Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell from the picture but my vote is the hose end is leaking a little. I'd try a new hose first.
Fro
Just when I thought this would be a simple fix...I noticed something weird about my brakes this evening after my ride home from work. Mind you the car is in park when I noticed this but Theres a slight pressure releasing sound accompanied with“squishy” feeling on the brake petal when press down on my brakes while the car was in park. When braking while driving around the car stops without issue. Does this sound like a symptom of the seepage/leak that we’re talking about here? I’ll post a video tomorrow of the sound.

OP
OP
J

Jeri99

Reaction score
Ok guys a have a video... any input is greatly appreciated...I’m going to follow the advice provided above but I wanted to see if there are any thoughts on what you hear on the video

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure your power steering fluid level is good. That sound could be air in the system from the level being low. When driving around, the RPMs are up and the PS pump is pumping faster so it can overcome the symptoms of low PS fluid that you'd normally feel. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about that hose unless you can see actual wetness and or dripping. Follow the hose down to it's lowest point and see if there's any evidence of fluid drips. If not, you don't have to make it a priority. At least be sure your PS fluid level is good, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n