Hole in rubber flooring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a wear hole in their rubber flooring? This was a Texas vehicle so no biggy, but it's now in Michigan, and will be subject to salty water entering on my boots this winter. I'm not too interested in having a Freddie Flintstone floor.

Any thoughts on repairing this short of replacing the entire floor?fb71466fc1fcfbbd3323e121a04a58fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
floor liner such as a weathertek, or husky or pull the trim up by the lower jam and slide a replacement piece underneath, I wore a hole in mine after 300k but it was a smaller area, must have big feet like me, lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you could trim that up with a razor knife so it's smooth again and maybe find a big piece of rubber liner with a sticky bottom and just cut it to fit into place

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I would pull the floor and insulation back clean the area prime it get a piece of 1/8 inch steel plate 3 inches wider on all sides weld it in ( if no welder drill and rivet in) seal it up ,put floor back and put in a weather tech liner. The Steel plate will support your heal better and give you a better pivot point for your foot. Liner will keep the salt from the snow seasons away from it.

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
floor liner such as a weathertek, or husky or pull the trim up by the lower jam and slide a replacement piece underneath, I wore a hole in mine after 300k but it was a smaller area, must have big feet like me, lol
I just bought the truck, but judging by the wear to the seat, this was a hefty officer.

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could trim that up with a razor knife so it's smooth again and maybe find a big piece of rubber liner with a sticky bottom and just cut it to fit into place
Something like this was my initial thought. But I would need to find a way to join the original floor to the new piece to seal out the moisture.

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pull the floor and insulation back clean the area prime it get a piece of 1/8 inch steel plate 3 inches wider on all sides weld it in ( if no welder drill and rivet in) seal it up ,put floor back and put in a weather tech liner. The Steel plate will support your heal better and give you a better pivot point for your foot. Liner will keep the salt from the snow seasons away from it.
That's a complicated solution... I don't have a welder, unfortunately, but I'm not sure I would want to drill holes for rivets. The original floorboard is excellent right now, so I think I'll keep the aim on just sealing up the hole.

Thanks for the suggestion!

OP
OP
shreksbrother

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought the hole was all the way through.
Thankfully it isn't.. but for sure it will be a few years after being in Michigan. Maybe I can find a Crown Vic at the junkyard and cut a patch of flooring out of it (since they're plentiful in junkyards). If I can trim it and get a good edge, maybe I could use gorilla tape on it. I like the rubber floor, but I'll probably end up doing carpet and Weathertec mats in the spring.

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157