High flow catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I am getting ready to install my texas speed engineering long tube headers on my 07 escalade. All I need is a pair of high flow cats as I do need to pass emissions in my state.

Any recommandations? brand, part #?

Thanks in advance

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol
Texas Speed + Speed Engineering?

They're all "high-flow". It's the style that's been used for decades. OEM is best- can you just have your originals cut out and welded into your new exhaust somewhere? If you need smaller ones, it's kind of a crapshoot with aftermarket. @swathdiver seems to have a great experience with his Magnaflow cats. I think the bullet style ones in the Kooks or American Racing long tubes are good, too. But, really expensive.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I am getting ready to install my texas speed engineering long tube headers on my 07 escalade. All I need is a pair of high flow cats as I do need to pass emissions in my state.

Any recommandations? brand, part #?

Thanks in advance

If I were buying long tube headers and wanted cats, I would buy the y-pipe with cats from the header manufacture to make things fit seamless and simple. I think it's a can of worms when you go trying to piece together a catted y-pipe with long tubes. Done wrong, you can negate what you were shooting for, more horsepower.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver
Bought the Texas speed headers used with the catless y-pipe for $100. I just need to have my guy weld in some cats. My OEM cats are done hence why I'm going to replace my exhaust manifolds. I was looking at the magnaflow bullets and also the flowmasters. They have several ones though. Just figured I'd ask and see whats being used

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have American Racing long tube headers, and they came with their y pipe and converters. I used that set up, but chopped the 'y' off since I have true duals. I failed emissions BADLY with their cats, so I bought the magnaflow California emissions spec cats and passed emissions test with flying colors. Best of all, I haven't experienced any power loss, and it quieted my exhaust down a bit - something I wanted anyhow.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have American Racing long tube headers, and they came with their y pipe and converters. I used that set up, but chopped the 'y' off since I have true duals. I failed emissions BADLY with their cats, so I bought the magnaflow California emissions spec cats and passed emissions test with flying colors. Best of all, I haven't experienced any power loss, and it quieted my exhaust down a bit - something I wanted anyhow.
Good to know. Which magnaflows did you buy? Remember model #?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow 59959 Metallic Spun catalytic converter.
Have used these for several vehicles and they are great.
I'm actually getting ready to use them on my 07.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia