High flow catalytic converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow 59959 Metallic Spun catalytic converter.
Have used these for several vehicles and they are great.
I'm actually getting ready to use them on my 07.
What set up are you running? Long tubes? Do you require state inspection?

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the fact that the o2 bung is already on there. Another option here. Ive been holding off with buying the cats as im still looking for reviews.

I'd love to get a couple of these cats, and a set of headers from Speed Engineering, and see if it would work, but I doubt it'd fit in a 4wd chassis.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to get a couple of these cats, and a set of headers from Speed Engineering, and see if it would work, but I doubt it'd fit in a 4wd chassis.
Why wouldnt it fit?
My long tubes are going on a 4wd escalade. My mechanic will have to cut the y pipe of course to place in the cats. I dont see this being that difficult

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldnt it fit?
My long tubes are going on a 4wd escalade. My mechanic will have to cut the y pipe of course to place in the cats. I dont see this being that difficult

No basis, I know plenty of 4wd have long-tubes, I'm just assuming it'd be a huge PITA for me to do it.

OP
OP
C

crownvic31

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the distance between the o2 sensors and cat matter?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What set up are you running? Long tubes? Do you require state inspection?
My previous 2dr had Thorley Tri-Y headers and maggy cats.
Yes, I do require them. And they have to be in the stock location, though, I think this has changed recently but still need to have cats. And personally, I like how they sound. Unfortunately, these will be going on my stock manifolds on my 07 but I will be making a new Y-pipe and exhaust all out of 3" stainless.
I had turned down a 59956 cat which is originally 2.5" to a 3" to fit with LT headers because of the space it shortened the cat to almost 6".

I try to keep the O2 as close to the factory location as possible when necessary, otherwise you can get extension for them.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgot to post the pic of the cat haha

Attachments

• shortened cat.jpg
    shortened cat.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 9

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the distance between the o2 sensors and cat matter?

I'd try to keep it as relevant to the OEM setup as possible. This includes the location of the cat, itself. The cat can't be too far downstream or it won't get hot enough to properly catalyze the exhaust and it'll soot up and clog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia