HIDs ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, just ordered some HIDs from you guys yesterday and just saw where they've already been shipped out. Awesome! I hope I have better luck with y'alls that I've had in the past. For some reason I can't keep passenger side low beams in my truck.

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep blowing low beam headlights on the passenger side of my truck.

You running any relay harnesses or have you checked to see if that stock harness is putting out any spikes or different voltage then other harnesses?

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You running any relay harnesses or have you checked to see if that stock harness is putting out any spikes or different voltage then other harnesses?

No, I'm not running any relays or anything like that and I haven't checked to see if the harness is putting out any pikes or anything. I suppose I was just under the impression that this was just plug and play.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have HIDs in the fogs but that was before I joined TYF and I knew about them melting the housings and that's exactly what happened to mine. I ordered new housings and ended up just putting some LED bulbs in there. They're totally nonfunctional but look decent.

Here's a picture of what everything looked like when it was working correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 52

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not running any relays or anything like that and I haven't checked to see if the harness is putting out any pikes or anything. I suppose I was just under the impression that this was just plug and play.

What was plug and play? The kit is plug and play but remember your putting HID's on a car that was never ment or designed for HID's. So there could be spikes in voltage etc etc. So if your sending spikes to a ballast its eventually its going to go out due to wear and tear.

OP
OP
P

phattyford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was plug and play? The kit is plug and play but remember your putting HID's on a car that was never ment or designed for HID's. So there could be spikes in voltage etc etc. So if your sending spikes to a ballast its eventually its going to go out due to wear and tear.

understandable and i agree with that. however, see if you can help me with this. after my my first set of hids went out (not y'alls kit) on that passenger side, i just went to discount auto and just bought some regular bulbs to get me by. well, even that bulb on my passenger side quit working after only a few weeks. any ideas?

Oscar@Hidguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
understandable and i agree with that. however, see if you can help me with this. after my my first set of hids went out (not y'alls kit) on that passenger side, i just went to discount auto and just bought some regular bulbs to get me by. well, even that bulb on my passenger side quit working after only a few weeks. any ideas?

What I've always learned with lighting (as I've not always been in this industry as an associate or sales rep) is that if you put to much stress on voltage and or spikes on a bulb or HID kit its puts a lot of wear and tear on bulbs and ballast. Would take it in and have someone check to see if your spiking in voltage or something. Unless you know how to do it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar