hidden hitch on 2door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those guys with two doors that do not want a roll pan because you can not have a hitch(i know some dont because of the "get hit in the back deal"lol trust me i have had second thoughts). But I have a solution. Friday afternoon i built a hitch to go behind the roll pan on my 2 door. assuming you already have one or you know that the frame has to be cut, after it is cut, for those of you who are interested here is what i did:

get a piece of 2x4 steel square tubing and cut it 35 3/4.

measure 1/4" from the bottom of the 2x4(4 inch side) and draw out a 2x2 square

cut the square out of both sides making sure the receiver will fit.

cut the receiver 3 1/4"(absolute shortest it can be, trust me id tried) and weld it in place after 5/8 hole has been drilled for 3/4 pin(close to the reinforcement ring as possible

then notch out the ends for your gas tank cross member rivets in order for the hitch to fit

after, cut a square about 1x1 in the bottom of the tubing to allow you to reuse your tank strap nuts(be sure to mark out where they will be).

once everything is done and its been primed, well it inside the frame rails, as far back as it will go.

Hope this helps if any of you 2 door owners are interested and i will gladly post pics, probably have some tomorrow before and after i put the roll pan on. I just wish i had this when i did it so i figured i would pass it along.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell yes im interested PLEASE put up detailed pics when u get a chance
i have been wanting to do this for a long time!!

OP
OP
97yukon

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hell yes im interested PLEASE put up detailed pics when u get a chance
i have been wanting to do this for a long time!!

i have finals this week but it ends thursday so i should have them up then....sry but im graduating and i dont wana screw up now lol.

gulleyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever get a chance to take those pics? Sounds like a cooool mod :D

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any pictures?

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

i have finals this week but it ends thursday so i should have them up then....sry but im graduating and i dont wana screw up now lol.

any pictures?

BigDesus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this post is kinda old but i would love to see how you did this. If you have pics please post.

GreenMachine3.png

GreenMachine1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
97yukon

97yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry guys...been away from the site for a while now. I cant take the rollpan off at this point but the instructions pretty much say it all. i will take pics of what it looks like behind the license plate but that about all i can get. honestly, its not very hard and took me about two hours to build it and weld it in.

i have hauled some heavy shit with it and no problems. if anyone has question you can text or call me anytime 225-485-9115. like i said i dont get on here much but will gladly help anyone no problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157