HID reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
They're H11's, yes. They said they mounted the ballasts under the bumper, and I imagine the bulbs themselves fit just fine into the light.

The bulbs that I received would not sit flush into the housing until one of the tabs had been removed from the bulb itself (I figured it would be smarter to do this to the bulb instead of the housing).

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, one of the tabs must be broken off. It's not plug and play however, you have to splice into the reverse light wires. I siliconed mine up pretty good after the install to avoid any condensation issues.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else done this, or have some pictures of the install? This seems like a reall worthwhile mod, especially if you can put it on a switch so it will come on with reverse or say when you are working around back hooking up a trailer or just need a little extra light behind your rig.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Fair enough. I might have to do this on my own, my dad's getting less optimistic about helping me mod my truck since it depreciates the value. I guess he doesn't remember that I have all the original parts for when I get ready to trade in.

Does not depreciate your truck at all, if anything it increases the value.
The only thing is that you may not get back what was put into the truck (maybe only $2k if you put $3200 or something), but just don't overdo it and you will be fine.

BC Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does not depreciate your truck at all, if anything it increases the value.
The only thing is that you may not get back what was put into the truck (maybe only $2k if you put $3200 or something), but just don't overdo it and you will be fine.

Yes and no, most dealerships go with market value on trade in and give you nothing for mods done to your vehicle, but they will turn around and charge more for having stuff done to it

best way to get your money back is to sell it yourself, or put 100% back to stock and sell your mods

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes and no, most dealerships go with market value on trade in and give you nothing for mods done to your vehicle, but they will turn around and charge more for having stuff done to it

best way to get your money back is to sell it yourself, or put 100% back to stock and sell your mods

Oh, well there is not trade ins over here, private sell onlly! :D

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yeah whenever I trade it in one day, I'll put it back to stock. I checked and the only stock things I don't have are the Tahoe tail light harnesses and the regular bumper pad.

Then I'll just sell all the stuff I bought for it, if it's no use to me, and get something out of it. To be honest, I haven't put much into my mods. Anything Denali on it, I got for free.