HID reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where did you install these? It looks like all the wires and ballasts would get in the way of putting the tail light back in place.

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you pull the tail light assemble out you can mount them behind the bumper.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Sounds good enough if they took only 3 seconds. But wait. Were yours just bulbs or did they come with a ballast and everything to install?

Yes, I mounted my ballasts to the frame behind the bumper.

Where did you install these? It looks like all the wires and ballasts would get in the way of putting the tail light back in place.

The ballasts stayed mounted to the vehicle. If the housing has to be removed it is a matter of disconnecting the HID bulb wiring at the same time you disconnect the tail light harness. :Handshake:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I might have to do this on my own, my dad's getting less optimistic about helping me mod my truck since it depreciates the value. I guess he doesn't remember that I have all the original parts for when I get ready to trade in.

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I got a box full of spare parts for the Hoe and Silvy in a storage garage.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They're H11's, yes. They said they mounted the ballasts under the bumper, and I imagine the bulbs themselves fit just fine into the light.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah but how is it hooked up to get power?

I'm sure it's just like regular HID setups. The ballast connects to the tail light harness on one end and the HID bulb on the other end. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076

Latest posts