HID reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking about getting HID reverse lights in my tahoe. I would like to know if any one has had any problems with them. I ask because I belong to TTS and they have been giving me crap for thinking about it. One asked if it would cause the tailight housing to melt or bubble. They suggest putting in led fog lights under the bumper, I dont want that I think it looks tacky.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I didn't have any problems with my HID reverse lights over the 10+ months that they were in use....

DSC03413.jpg
DSC03445.jpg
DSC03720.jpg
DSC03724.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No iwaslower has them

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

cool just makin sure.

williajj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have them as well and haven't had any problems. With the amount of time they are on, there is no way they will damage your housings. One of the best mods I have done IMO.

OP
OP
tx07tahoe

tx07tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I thought about it and Iam going to get them. I really dont mind blinding people though its only for a second. Plus I get to blind my friend some more at car shows. 5% tint my ass. lol

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who makes a good reverse hid kit? Anybody use one from DDM? how much of a difference does it make for visability?

yukon07Artic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who makes a good reverse hid kit? Anybody use one from DDM? how much of a difference does it make for visability?

To be honest our stock reverse lights are pretty freaken bright but if you want that crisp white blue look, get the hids

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali