Service rear vision system, and reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So had a weird one today. I had an LED, LH side, reverse light go out the other day. Can't remember brand but it had its own fan with blade style LED on each side. Super bright. I went to change it out with a non-fan style LED and when I went to check it after installing it, it didn't work and now the other side wasn't working. Cleaned the connector, reinstalled LED and then went in the SUV, turned it on and put it in reverse and got the service rear vision with a pitch black screen. Went and looked at the fuses in the engine compartment and 34 (back up lamps) and 49 (reverse lamps) were both blown. 10amp fuses.
Anyhow trip to Walmart to get a 10 Amp mini fuse for slot 34 as they are not the same, and everything works. So FYI, black screen when in reverse, maybe a fuse. Just weird I zapped 2 fuses.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go back to regular incandescent lights then. Also maybe disconnect the battery and it will reset the radio and what not.

OP
OP
Thrust

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go back to regular incandescent lights then. Also maybe disconnect the battery and it will reset the radio and what not.
I never had any problems with them. The one that quit I installed over 2 yrs ago.
Screen and back up lights work now that the fuses are replaced. I just didn't know that the lights were tied to the same fuse as the back up camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar