Adding reverse lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AliBaba

Reaction score
Okay, @AliBaba I am 100% interested in buying one of these harnesses for a 2023. Any idea on timing? I’m glad there’s someone else that’s hell bent on making this work too, thanks.

Btw, I have no issues tapping a reverse wire behind the light enclosure. It’s my laziness at finding how to take that thing apart, etc. Which I guess I’ll have to do regardless with a plug and play harness.

My reality is that these light have been in for 2 months and they aren’t wired. And boating season starts soon!
The parts are out for delivery today. Hoping for a clean plug and play option without and vehicle modifications.

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
The parts are out for delivery today. Hoping for a clean plug and play option without and vehicle modifications.
Please let me know if it works. I’m ready to buy. Also could use a video on how to get the taillight housing out, if it works (or is this for the 7 way trailer plug?)

AliBaba

Reaction score
Alright ya’ll. Got it to work. Customs harness from GEN5DIY https://www.gen5diy.com/. Just let them know your Y/M/M and that you want a harness to have ground/reverse from rear tail lights. I choose to get a pair so each light is only drawing from each side. Figure with how electronic sensitive these cars are that would be the best option.

Here is the harness that was delivered to me.
IMG_3130.jpeg

Connection points under the vehicle for each tail light.
Screenshot 2024-03-02 at 3.42.28 PM.png

Assembled Light's with harness
IMG_3133.jpeg

Each light working off each tail light with no errors or issues.
IMG_3131.jpeg

Have fun everyone. Now i get to spend time figuring out making mounts for my lights without drilling any holes in my bumper :)

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
Alright ya’ll. Got it to work. Customs harness from GEN5DIY https://www.gen5diy.com/. Just let them know your Y/M/M and that you want a harness to have ground/reverse from rear tail lights. I choose to get a pair so each light is only drawing from each side. Figure with how electronic sensitive these cars are that would be the best option.

View attachment 422768

View attachment 422769

View attachment 422770

View attachment 422771

Have fun everyone. Now i get to spend time figuring out making mounts for my lights without drilling any holes in my bumper :)
Just awesome. Thank you man! Ordering now!

BobHolthaus

Reaction score

View attachment 422768

View attachment 422769

View attachment 422770

View attachment 422771

Do I have to email them? There is no link to this kit on the site that I can find. Thanks.

BobHolthaus

Reaction score
I let him know the harness works so hopefully it will be listed as a new item on their site.
Yep, he said he was going to add it to the site. It wasn't cheap at $160 for two of them, but having a plug and play solution THIS easy is absolutely worth that amount to me! Thanks again for this info; the forums win again!!

gatorintx

Reaction score
Yep, he said he was going to add it to the site. It wasn't cheap at $160 for two of them, but having a plug and play solution THIS easy is absolutely worth that amount to me! Thanks again for this info; the forums win again!!
Let us know how the install goes with pics - would love to see how this turns out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo