Hi Everyone! I am a new owner of a 99' Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preacherman22

Reaction score
I just purchased a 99' Cadillac Escalade with a 5.7 Vortec with 240,000 highway miles. I got her for $800. I don't know alot about these trucks. But I do know the 5.7 is a very good motor. I use to own a 97' GMC Sierra Z-71 with the same motor. My new Escalade had alot of work done to it over the last year. The previous owner had put a new complete front-end in it, and stereo system. It's a Texas Truck, so it's CLEAN. He had replaced the spark plugs, but the truck still has a misfire (Running rough). He is a young kid, and I'm thinking since he didn't do the wires or distributor cap/rotor to complete the tune-up, that maybe that's why she's still running rough? She also has a slight lifter tick. Any advice on this truck would be a God send.Thank you.
Perry (Texas)

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 99' Cadillac Escalade with a 5.7 Vortec with 240,000 highway miles. I got her for $800. I don't know alot about these trucks. But I do know the 5.7 is a very good motor. I use to own a 97' GMC Sierra Z-71 with the same motor. My new Escalade had alot of work done to it over the last year. The previous owner had put a new complete front-end in it, and stereo system. It's a Texas Truck, so it's CLEAN. He had replaced the spark plugs, but the truck still has a misfire (Running rough). He is a young kid, and I'm thinking since he didn't do the wires or distributor cap/rotor to complete the tune-up, that maybe that's why she's still running rough? She also has a slight lifter tick. Any advice on this truck would be a God send.Thank you.
Perry (Texas)
Welcome from Miami Beach&NYC!

Check out the 91-99 section for any issues or questions you have. This is just the intro section. Thank You!

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find! The misfire could be a bad cap, but being that I sat for so long it could be gas related, or one of the spider injectors with a bad poppet. Look over the tune-up stuff, fill with new fuel, and run some good injector first before firing the parts cannon. It may clear up with some good use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans