Hi Everyone! I am a new owner of a 99' Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Southern California! Post pics of the truck when you get a chance! We LOVE pics around here lol. Hopefully you’ll get everything straightened out. Lots of knowledgeable guys on here and lots of threads jam packed with info. Check out the threads in the GMT400 subsection of the forum under engine and drivetrain and I’ll bet you find an answer on the misfire. Also a good idea to get a bi-directional scan tool on it to see what codes it’s either throwing or are stored, and to see the engine data in real time to track down the misfire.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 99' Cadillac Escalade with a 5.7 Vortec with 240,000 highway miles. I got her for $800. I don't know alot about these trucks. But I do know the 5.7 is a very good motor. I use to own a 97' GMC Sierra Z-71 with the same motor. My new Escalade had alot of work done to it over the last year. The previous owner had put a new complete front-end in it, and stereo system. It's a Texas Truck, so it's CLEAN. He had replaced the spark plugs, but the truck still has a misfire (Running rough). He is a young kid, and I'm thinking since he didn't do the wires or distributor cap/rotor to complete the tune-up, that maybe that's why she's still running rough? She also has a slight lifter tick. Any advice on this truck would be a God send.Thank you.
Perry (Texas)
After reading your first message, double check to make sure each spark plug is fully seated into its threads on the side of the block. The number 8 spark plug on the rear of the block that sits right up against the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay is tricky and most people don’t get that plug fully seated into its threads when they do a spark plug replacement. That will cause a misfire so I would start there.

OP
OP
preacherman22

preacherman22

Reaction score
After reading your first message, double check to make sure each spark plug is fully seated into its threads on the side of the block. The number 8 spark plug on the rear of the block that sits right up against the firewall on the passenger side of the engine bay is tricky and most people don’t get that plug fully seated into its threads when they do a spark plug replacement. That will cause a misfire so I would start there.
Thank you so much! I'm not bringing her home till next Monday to start the trouble shooting. I appreciate you. I definitely will do that. Y'all can expect photos and updates in the next 7-8 days! Stay tuned!

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to TYF from NY!

If you know the former owner replaced the plugs only, I'd complete the tune up with new distributor cap and wires so you have a known starting point. My dad always started with those simple things when taking ownership of a "new-to-him" vehicle. I myself try to do the same.

And good luck with your new ride! Sounds like a great buy!

Last edited: