Help with virgin install 2003 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before you go too much further, or before folks here can give you specific additional suggestions, you'll need to tell us what your budget is. Example, for speakers, you can go from $50 to $7000, for just a front set.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nice! Where did you put the switch? I’m assuming it’s a simple on/off switch?
Thx. I try to keep it simple. If you look close you can see the switch in the cubby. It's just hanging there since I don't drilling holes in anything--in case it's not permanent.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
It’s like “Where’s Waldo.” Haha! I lost and didn’t find it!

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Before you go too much further, or before folks here can give you specific additional suggestions, you'll need to tell us what your budget is. Example, for speakers, you can go from $50 to $7000, for just a front set.

$7000 just for front speakers?! That’s crazy! What kind of speakers are those?

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Thx. I try to keep it simple. If you look close you can see the switch in the cubby. It's just hanging there since I don't drilling holes in anything--in case it's not permanent.

Oh I see it now...was looking at the wrong photo. Nice!

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, budget is a good starting place, but I would think some moderate components or good 3ways for the doors, with the subs you should sound pretty good without getting to crazy in price. also are you wanting more clarity or just db ?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
$7000 just for front speakers?! That’s crazy! What kind of speakers are those?

Focal Utopia Series. Actually, Focal now has an Ultima Series Kit for $24,000 for a front speaker set.

I did see and hear a cheaper Utopia speaker set, priced at $2000, that my audio dealer was installing in a car, and the speakers did sound great (no way $2000 great). While I did not see the higher priced $7000 Utopia speaker set, my audio dealer was using them in a $75,000 audio/video setup that they were installing in an Escalade.

I'm clearly not saying that they are worth the price, but merely acknowledging that they do exist.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vetkllr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

You’re right, budget is a good place to start. I am definitely on a budget for now. But I may want to periodically upgrade components in the future. I would love to try and run an old school set up I.e. Zapco pushing a couple of 12” W6’s. I know the JL’s are not really old school like the Zapco from Modesto era. But I like them. Some earthquakes would be nice but finding a pair in good condition would be a bear. When it comes to SQ or DB its so hard to make that decision! I love both! The clarity of the miss and highs coupled with super low, air moving bass! AWESOME!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy