Help finding an answer with A/C issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m almost positive I’ve seen it on this forum, but can’t find the thread I’m looking for. Once in a while, when I come to a stop, i here my AC buzzing. Not annoying, loud buzzing, just sounds louder than it should be. As soon as I shut off the AC, the noise stops. It happens very seldom, most of the time all is quiet and normal.
I remember reading something about this here, but then again, I’m on 3 different GM forums and sometimes get my info mixed up. Anyone know what I’m talking about? I remember it being a fairly simple solution like rewrapping the AC line entering the firewall??? Please help if you can.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump. Trying one more time

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m almost positive I’ve seen it on this forum, but can’t find the thread I’m looking for. Once in a while, when I come to a stop, i here my AC buzzing. Not annoying, loud buzzing, just sounds louder than it should be. As soon as I shut off the AC, the noise stops. It happens very seldom, most of the time all is quiet and normal.
I remember reading something about this here, but then again, I’m on 3 different GM forums and sometimes get my info mixed up. Anyone know what I’m talking about? I remember it being a fairly simple solution like rewrapping the AC line entering the firewall??? Please help if you can.
second fan

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the second radiator fan.. on HIGH MODE

other wise it's perfectly normal..

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So are you saying it’s normal? The second I shut the AC off it goes away, never unplugged the radiator fans

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. So are you saying it’s normal? The second I shut the AC off it goes away, never unplugged the radiator fans
Have you opened the hood to try and listen where the noise is coming from? It could be the compressor or clutch too.

OP
OP
LT1ZOB

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you opened the hood to try and listen where the noise is coming from? It could be the compressor or clutch too.

I have not. I’m familiar with compressor noise, I wouldn’t say it’s the compressor. It happens seldom, it’s almost like a noise frequency

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645