Hello from Waco!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeleTahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just recently re-acquired my 2004 Chevy LS Tahoe back from my Daughter and grandsons. We had purchased it almost new, 1 year old with 10,000 miles back in 2005. We drove it for about 9 years, took good care of it and gave it to our Daughter when she needed a vehicle. It had about 100,000 miles at the time. I had since bought a well used 1995 Chevy Silverado ECSB with about 225,000 miles and spent 3 years rebuilding it to a reliable, daily driver. My daughter and grandsons have since put another 125,000 miles on the Tahoe and we made a trade for it back with my Grandson for my 1995 Chevy. He needed a truck more than a Tahoe. It now has about 227,000. I had the AT rebuilt about 150,000 for her at the time and it has the basic 4.8 L V8. It has always been a Central Texas truck so it has no rust anywhere. The body is in good shape and it had one repaint. There are a couple of minor dings here and there, nothing too bad that I feel the need to fix. I have been having fun going through fixing all the little items since getting it back. So far, I have replaced the tires/wheels with 2018 Chevy Z71 18" Factory Wheels I found for $300 for the set with original tires that only had 10,000 miles on them. Replaced the center arm rest/console lid cover, all the Lift gate struts for the back Lid and back window, Windshield replaced, power window/door lock module on drivers door, got 2 replacement Key fobs and reprogramed them, replaced the radio knobs which have worn out, rear window power regulator and A/C blower motor. Amazingly, it does not burn or leak any oil and runs like a Champ! It will serve as my tow vehicle for our trailer and general work horse around the property. I still need to go through the interior as it needs a deep cleaning, the seats and carpeting are intact but have some staining. The headliner will need replacing soon as it is fraying around the edges and stained. Other than that, I plan to just drive it as it. It has always been a reliable vehicle. The brakes on it are amazing! They went 217,000 before they had to even replace the pads! They also replaced the A/C compressor and other parts about 10,000 miles ago. I have been a member on the GMT400 board and got a lot of good information there to help me with my Silverado, looking forward to the same here. I hope to be able to make some good contributions as well. I'll post some pictures soon.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Glenn!

Glad your Daughter and Grandsons took good care of your 2004 Tahoe. That almost never ever happens. The 4.8 is a good engine as you already know.

Looking forward to eventually seeing what it looks like.

Don't forget to check out the 2000-2006 section for any questions you have about your Tahoe.