Heater Hose "T"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@5strmtrp Look at the links in this post that @89Suburban wrote. Same thread as this one.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had good luck getting those clips to release, even with the proper release tool. The problem is that it's SO close to the firewall, that you don't have any room to get the tool situated behind it to get it up under the fitting. I've actually had better results just cutting the bad of off piece by piece with some wire cutters or flush cutters. Just be careful not to damage or heavily scratch/gouge the heater core pipe.

OP
OP
B

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tool you're referring to I assume is the same as the fule line tool? MMost people haven't been able to use that tool with these coolant lines. Mine were not hard to remove at all. Push in, squeeze tabs, I even twisted a bit, and they came right off. Both of them, and that was at over 170K

slypher25aussie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tool you're referring to I assume is the same as the fule line tool? MMost people haven't been able to use that tool with these coolant lines. Mine were not hard to remove at all. Push in, squeeze tabs, I even twisted a bit, and they came right off. Both of them, and that was at over 170K

Probably because they were about 5 minutes away from crumbling to bits :Big Laugh:

Rolexus

Reaction score
Thank you Blk00ss for posting this, and thanks to all who have sent in replies to this issue. I’ve suspected this leak ‘problem’ for a while now, it just isn’t consistent - flares up with very minimal fluid lose but can smell A-Freeze, and then goes away for a month or two, then reappears.

I’ll have a coolant pressure test done on my ‘05 - see if it will pinpoint exact location. There are no obvious leaks or visible wetness in the engine bay ‘anywhere’ only a slight smell. Have had it in for thermostat replacement, fluid flush, hoses check - NADA.

Reaction score
That's the key, pushing in before squeezing the tabs.