Heated Steering wheel upgrade for 2010 GMC Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FatBob

Reaction score
Make sure the 12v connector you choose is only hot with the key on. I picked one that was hot at all times and even with the heated steering wheel turned off it drained the battery overnight. Switched and no more drained battery

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of more of a write-up on this? Any the parts required? Interested in adding a heated steering wheel to my ‘09 Tahoe LTZ.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of more of a write-up on this? Any the parts required? Interested in adding a heated steering wheel to my ‘09 Tahoe LTZ.

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Called a dealer and looks like every single new steering wheel in the country was purchased and have been on backorder ever since with no ETA. So probably need to keep an eye out for a gently used wheel if I’m going to make the project happen.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AirJordan613

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the part number I'd need is 22947767, which is out of stock literally everywhere, including Rockauto. When I checked car-part I only found one and I wasn't thrilled with the condition. Also don't want an Escalade wheel to get the wrong color backlights, which limits the search. I'm sure one will turn up eventually, not like these vehicles were ultra-rare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC