Adding Heated Steering Wheel - Need VIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noobsquared

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

New to the forum but I’ve had my Tahoe for a couple of years now. I live in Colorado and would love to add heated steering wheel to my 2009 Tahoe LT2 Z71. It has everything I need except for that.
I found a post that talks about how I need a few parts and it should be plug and play for the most part.
My question is if I can find a VIN from someone to order black heated steering wheel and clock spring, that will make it much easier to make sure I get the right part for my 2009.
I’ve seen two different part numbers between leather color options and a wood steering wheel option. I just want black leather to match my car.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
3BF5B8D6-C70C-433F-9DD7-B5D803D3015E.pngHeated Steering Wheel link and here is why I added to my cart. Do I need anything else?
Thanks in advance!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they made some changes in 2010 not sure if any of those changes affect the steering wheel/clock spring integration
you may find difficulty in locating a new steering wheel a few of us members cleaned out the last remaining stock a couple years ago, some places may show it for sale but it's pretty unlikely anyone will have a new one, used ones show up on occasion on ebay or lkq, etc but condition is a gamble.

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
they made some changes in 2010 not sure if any of those changes affect the steering wheel/clock spring integration
you may find difficulty in locating a new steering wheel a few of us members cleaned out the last remaining stock a couple years ago, some places may show it for sale but it's pretty unlikely anyone will have a new one, used ones show up on occasion on ebay or lkq, etc but condition is a gamble.
Thanks, man!

Do those look like right part numbers though? I can start my search to see if I can find them? I just don’t want to order something that isn’t right or won’t fit.
That’s all I need, those 3 parts?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need the clockspring and steering wheel, for the heated option to work I think you need to add a "power wire" from probably the lower kickpanel to the clockspring? I am not sure on that part a couple members have done it before hopefully one of them will spot your post and chime in.
because the vehicles that did not come with heated steering do not have that wire.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
I am back! I ended up buying this steering wheel here: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...li-heated-steering-wheel.130765/#post-1633008

Ordered the harness and clock spring to make it work. Everything went without a hitch, but heated steering wheel doesn't work, and I have a code for airbag.
B0012-0E is the code.

I followed instructions to the dot. Replaced the harness that had the brown power plug for heated steering wheel, and all of my controls work except for heated wheel.
I have media controls working, cruise control working, and nothing seems to be broken outside of just that code for airbag, and heated steering wheel not working.

I do have an aftermarket radio with mantra stuff. I do have iDatalink Maestro RR Interface Module and iDatalink ADS HRN-RR-GM5+ Interface Harness with my JVC KW-V85BT but the power to heated wheel is not affected by anything but the power to the connector coming out of the steering wheel with brown wire, right?
Anyone else had any issues after installing heated steering wheel?

Here are the parts I ordered and replaced:
25966964​
Clock Spring​
25807858​
Steering Column Wiring Harness​

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
I figured it out for anyone looking for a solution. Apparently my dumb a forgot to press the white clip at the back of the connectors behind airbag. So if you don't press them in, you will get error codes. Took the airbag out, and pressed those white locks in and everything works now except for heated steering wheel button. Off to work on providing power to it then. Not sure why I changed the harness when I have to supply it power from somewhere else :(