Headers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
for mid 90's, look at Gibson headers.

http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/dci.html

GP102S-C.jpg

Heavy Duty 409L Stainless 16ga Tubing

Hi-Temp Coating To 1300 Degrees

Mandrel Bent Tubing

Heavy Duty 3/8 in. Thick Laser Cut Port Flanges

Premium Gaskets and Hardware

No Welding Required

Uses OEM Style Connections

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Eh, I don't know why, but I have never liked gibsons products for some reason. Probably mostly because I don't care for the sound and they are kinda on the high priced side. I'm not knocking their products at all, I have never owned any of them.

But IMO if you are worried about emissions leave the stock manifolds and y-pipe and install a catback and call it a day. But if your not worried about emissions then get some long tubes since they will give you a noticeable difference in sound and performance.

Just my .02 :)

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, call me crazy..... but does the 5.7L Vortec even have a Y-pipe? I thought the exhaust manifolds on those went to two seperate pipes with two seperate cats, then into a dial-in/single-out muffler, or am I mistaken?

By the way, I like Edelbrock headers, and they are 50-state legal. I got a sweet set of Edelbrock TES Headers for my '95 Tahoe. Granted the exhaust setup is different so the headers I have are different, but Edelbrock makes a sweet manifold is all I'm saying.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^Eh, I don't know why, but I have never liked gibsons products for some reason. Probably mostly because I don't care for the sound and they are kinda on the high priced side. I'm not knocking their products at all, I have never owned any of them.

But IMO if you are worried about emissions leave the stock manifolds and y-pipe and install a catback and call it a day. But if your not worried about emissions then get some long tubes since they will give you a noticeable difference in sound and performance.

Just my .02 :)

E-Mail LLP

GIBSON DOES BLOW! I have thier cat back :(

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Hey, call me crazy..... but does the 5.7L Vortec even have a Y-pipe? I thought the exhaust manifolds on those went to two seperate pipes with two seperate cats, then into a dial-in/single-out muffler, or am I mistaken?

By the way, I like Edelbrock headers, and they are 50-state legal. I got a sweet set of Edelbrock TES Headers for my '95 Tahoe. Granted the exhaust setup is different so the headers I have are different, but Edelbrock makes a sweet manifold is all I'm saying.

Your 100% Correct about Y-Pipe. Its a funny shaped Y lol. You need one b/c LT's ARE NOT BOLT ON.

Bump for edelbrack...MADE IN USA. :party33:

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E-Mail LLP

GIBSON DOES BLOW! I have thier cat back :(

---------- Post added at 06:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 AM ----------

Your 100% Correct about Y-Pipe. Its a funny shaped Y lol. You need one b/c LT's ARE NOT BOLT ON.

Bump for edelbrack...MADE IN USA. :party33:

I'll email him, but I'm sure he thought you had a 99 NBS tahoe with a 5.3 or whatever.

But we are both kind of right on the y pipe LOL Technically it would be duals until the muffler, but I figured that everyone would know what I was saying by calling it a y pipe. I want a real y pipe though, not some weird design with 1.75" pipes LOL

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, Carl emailed me back and said that he misunderstood and said that the headers are only for the 2000 and up SUVs with the 5.3 motor

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Edelbrock, seriously. And yeah, forever poses another decent point SUPPORT AMERICAN DESIGN AND MANUFACTING! If there is one thing this country needs right now it's more domestic business support.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOO!

What bout ORY...looks kinda close.

I doubt it, he just said that he made a mistake and that the headers fit the 5.3 motors. But you could buy it and have a start at a y pipe, but you would have to chop off the back and I have heard of guys having troubles fitting it up on 4wd trucks.

I'm just going to build my own, its going to be a royal PITA, but I think it will be worth it in the long run