Hatch glass unlocking constantly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockman18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We bought a 2016 Suburban ltz last week with 117k miles and this morning when my wife went to take my son to school she said that the rear hatch glass kept constantly unlocking until she put it into drive, when she got back home and put it into park it started again. We had a damaged key fob so I had her pull the battery out of it but it's still doing it.

I searched on multiple forums and could only find people really having issues with them not unlocking, not continuously trying to unlock. Any help would be great, thanks

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old is your battery? Bad batteries can make these rides do wild electrical glitches that you would never guess related to the battery. When I had 16, the right front window would not stop moving until it was completely down or up. I could get it to stop sometimes with luck partially up or down. Replaced the battery when it failed to start one time. Boom! Window issue gone gone!

OP
OP
R

Rockman18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how old it is so I'll put that on my list to change when I get home next week. She did just tell me that as she left to go pick him up from school that she doesn't hear it anymore so I'll have to mess around with it when I get home next week. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
R

Rockman18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It started again so I'll change the battery and see if that helps

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We bought a 2016 Suburban ltz last week with 117k miles and this morning when my wife went to take my son to school she said that the rear hatch glass kept constantly unlocking until she put it into drive, when she got back home and put it into park it started again. We had a damaged key fob so I had her pull the battery out of it but it's still doing it.

I searched on multiple forums and could only find people really having issues with them not unlocking, not continuously trying to unlock. Any help would be great, thanks
Check the secret button to see if it's falling apart and shorting out. The one above the license plate.

1697234141058.png

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used that button last weekend and it worked fine but maybe something is wrong with it inside of there, I'll check that as well. Thanks, that never even crossed my mind
You can remove it and unplug it for a while to test out that theory.

OP
OP
R

Rockman18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My sons are swapping a new battery into it now so we will if that changes anything or not. I won't get home until Monday night to try anything else

OP
OP
R

Rockman18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems as though the battery was the culprit, it hasn't done anything since my boys changed it. Thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleBorn