Has GMC Denali Name become too common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day of the old 80s, Oldsmobile cars started putting Cutlass onto just about every vehicle they built. Olds Cutlass Supreme, Olds Cutlass Calais, etc. I feel that GMC is doing the same thing today with the Denali trim. I know its for marketing and people do have name recognition but it really diminishes the so called rarity of the truck. Ford used to do it with the Eddie Bauer line and now they have Platinum and Limited which really does not mean too much. What do you guys think?

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say so anything denali is very expensive. Its just that everybody and their brother who can’t afford them buys them. They get their 8 years of payments or strap themselves to show off and buy out of their means. It’s just there are slot of them because of this. They are still priced high.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it’s funny down in the hood you’ll see new Escalades and Denalis parked in everyone’s driveways and the people don’t even work.

Last edited:

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day of the old 80s, Oldsmobile cars started putting Cutlass onto just about every vehicle they built. Olds Cutlass Supreme, Olds Cutlass Calais, etc. I feel that GMC is doing the same thing today with the Denali trim. I know its for marketing and people do have name recognition but it really diminishes the so called rarity of the truck. Ford used to do it with the Eddie Bauer line and now they have Platinum and Limited which really does not mean too much. What do you guys think?
To me, Denali, Eddie Bauer, LTZ/Premier, Texas Editions are simply trim levels just like LS and SLE or LT and SLT. I do not recall anything about them being limited editions that were intended to command a premium price such as additional dealer mark up. That the OEM builds a greater number of the expensive trim levels does not depreciate the truck. Actual Cash Value is based upon actual transaction costs, not MSRP. It is important to note that the MSRP is a suggested retail price from the manufacturer or from a value stand point — an artificial number.

If you are concerned about ACV and depreciation, find a dealer within a reasonable distance who will give you the best deal possible. In other words, think like a bean counter and treat the purchase of a vehicle as a business transaction in which you are purchasing an appliance.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never even thought about Denali until I bought a yukon. Doesn’t have much cache in my mind, it’s just a trim package. The higher the trim the greater the margin. There’s certainly no mystique or rarity to it IMO.

It’s nothing like an ‘M’ or ‘S’ or ‘AMG’. Those have some gravity to them as they have actual divisions that work on those vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JWBGMC

Reaction score
it’s funny down in the hood you’ll see new Escalades and Denalis parked in everyone’s driveways and the people don’t even work.
Well, I work. I traded "down" from an Escalade to a GMC Yukon Denali. Why? The Yukon Denali offers the same engine, transmission, and features as the Escalade but does not have the brashness of the Escalade. The Escalade felt too flashy. There is a segment,ent in the market that is receptive to the Yukon Denali.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I never even thought about Denali until I bought a yukon. Doesn’t have much cache in my mind, it’s just a trim package. The higher the trim the greater the margin. There’s certainly no mystique or rarity to it IMO.

It’s nothing like an ‘M’ or ‘S’ or ‘AMG’. Those have some gravity to them as they have actual divisions that work on those vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wanted the Denali version of the Yukon in order to have the 6.2 liter engine.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say so anything denali is very expensive. Its just that everybody and their brother who can’t afford them buys them. They get their 8 years of payments or strap themselves to show off and buy out of their means. It’s just there are slot of them because of this. They are still priced high.
Well, I am able to afford my GMC Yukon Denali.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
Where are you getting the information that most people who purchase a Yukon Denali cannot afford it? I have not seen any evidence of this. Is there an article about it? I am curious. I have seen an article that states that many people who buy/lease a Cadillac cannot afford it. But I have never seen this about the Yukon Denali.

JWBGMC

Reaction score
I can afford my Yukon Denali. I wrote a check that prepaid my entire lease for the entire team of the lease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinoTahoe