2007 Yukon Denali Build (This got outta hand really quick...)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in time for Wheel Wednesday... I got my new 20" Vossen Hybrid Forged HF6-4 wheels and had them wrapped in some 305/50 Nitto NT555RII Drag Radials. Now this baby will hook for sure but I will be installing a driveshaft loop and upgrading to solid 1350 u joints before I try it lol. Looking forward to seeing how this thing launches now and hoping to get a 10.3-10.5 qtr mile time here pretty soon.

More pics to come with my 16" Willwood Brakes installed this weekend.

IMG_1388.jpeg

IMG_1395.jpeg

IMG_1394.jpeg

**For those wondering, yes they rub lol... These tires are freaking huge. I will make them fit though, no way I'm stepping down to a 275 tire. I will trim the fender liner or even remove it and make something custom out of aluminum if I need to. IMG_1397.jpeg IMG_1393.jpeg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just in time for Wheel Wednesday... I got my new 20" Vossen Hybrid Forged HF6-4 wheels and had them wrapped in some 305/50 Nitto NT555RII Drag Radials. Now this baby will hook for sure but I will be installing a driveshaft loop and upgrading to solid 1350 u joints before I try it lol. Looking forward to seeing how this thing launches now and hoping to get a 10.3-10.5 qtr mile time here pretty soon.

More pics to come with my 16" Willwood Brakes installed this weekend.

View attachment 274248

View attachment 274250

View attachment 274251

**For those wondering, yes they rub lol... These tires are freaking huge. I will make them fit though, no way I'm stepping down to a 275 tire. I will trim the fender liner or even remove it and make something custom out of aluminum if I need to. View attachment 274249 View attachment 274252

Not a bad looking combo. Look forward to some launch vids on the new meats.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my 16" Wilwood Rotors yesterday... About damn time as I've had them sitting here for over a year now. Looks pretty damn good, haven't heat cycled them yet and bed the brakes, will be doing that this afternoon. Rears are done too, I'll get some more pics up later.

IMG_1461.jpeg

IMG_1466.jpeg

IMG_1467.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my 16" Wilwood Rotors yesterday... About damn time as I've had them sitting here for over a year now. Looks pretty damn good, haven't heat cycled them yet and bed the brakes, will be doing that this afternoon. Rears are done too, I'll get some more pics up later.

View attachment 275311

View attachment 275312

View attachment 275310
I just stumbled into this trove of information seeking knowledge about starting my own LSA supercharger swap on my 2013 Escalade. I literally pulled over and sat at a nearby park for over an hour reading all the updates like it was a new season of Yellowstone lol. It was also pretty exciting to hear that your from the west Michigan area, I’m from GR. I just made this account hoping your still active on the forums because I’d love to get your opinion on the project, willing you have the time. Thanks Jason.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just stumbled into this trove of information seeking knowledge about starting my own LSA supercharger swap on my 2013 Escalade. I literally pulled over and sat at a nearby park for over an hour reading all the updates like it was a new season of Yellowstone lol. It was also pretty exciting to hear that your from the west Michigan area, I’m from GR. I just made this account hoping your still active on the forums because I’d love to get your opinion on the project, willing you have the time. Thanks Jason.
I’m glad you found it helpful. I’m still around, just haven’t posted too many updates lately. I’m hoping to hit the race track in the next week or two before Dream Cruise so I can make my first official 10 second qtr mile pass. Happy to help if you have questions. Great community here with lots of people and good info.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you found it helpful. I’m still around, just haven’t posted too many updates lately. I’m hoping to hit the race track in the next week or two before Dream Cruise so I can make my first official 10 second qtr mile pass. Happy to help if you have questions. Great community here with lots of people and good info.
I hope everything goes well your build is amazing. I’ve yet to start piecing together parts for the build because I’ve never done anything outside of part failure replacements with the exception of a Beltech drop kit which I recently did because my front wheel hubs needed replacing and it was quicker to change the spindles out than beating the old hubs off. My question is if I gathered up all the components do you think the swap could be done over a weekend? The part of the project that worries me the most is the time factor, the trucks my DD so I can’t really afford to have it down for to long. You mentioned a parts list on a post would you still happen to have that? I’m confident in my mechanical ability to pull this off just hesitant because of the part compatibility unknowns do to lack of experience. Also I’m a little concerned about what future repercussions would be since the truck is completely stock I’d just really like a honest opinion to talk me off the ledge if I’m approaching this in the wrong order.

OP
OP
67RS427

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope everything goes well your build is amazing. I’ve yet to start piecing together parts for the build because I’ve never done anything outside of part failure replacements with the exception of a Beltech drop kit which I recently did because my front wheel hubs needed replacing and it was quicker to change the spindles out than beating the old hubs off. My question is if I gathered up all the components do you think the swap could be done over a weekend? The part of the project that worries me the most is the time factor, the trucks my DD so I can’t really afford to have it down for to long. You mentioned a parts list on a post would you still happen to have that? I’m confident in my mechanical ability to pull this off just hesitant because of the part compatibility unknowns do to lack of experience. Also I’m a little concerned about what future repercussions would be since the truck is completely stock I’d just really like a honest opinion to talk me off the ledge if I’m approaching this in the wrong order.
I guess that all depends how crazy you wanna get with it. I started out just bolting a stock LSA on the my stock 6.2L and tuning it with HP Tuners. My truck had like 155k miles so lower oil pressure than I liked. Ended up building a stroked 6L with my rebuilt L92 heads. Then eventually added CNC Brodix heads. This can easily be done over a weekend but you need to set a goal and stick with it.

I still have a parts list but lots of the parts were random deals and I built this really cheap considering how expensive things are now. Example is the LSA ZL1 lid. Mine was $400 new, now they’re triple that if you can find one. I do have a guy in my area that does a lot of swaps and can get you parts, it’s just more money. What’s your budget? Could get a whipple or Magnison kit too. Do you plan to rebuild the transmission at the same time? Might be wise depending on the miles and HP goals. I’ve built mine like 5 times lol and probably a 6th soon. I’m also making a bit over 1k HP at the crank on E85. Rear end you might wanna toss in an Eaton/Detroit TruTrac if your stock one hasn’t blown up yet. If you really wanna keep it as a good solid DD, I’d stay under 700-800hp at the crank. Mine can still be daily driven and used in snow but it is expensive to maintain and gas ain’t cheap, probably only going up from here too.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that all depends how crazy you wanna get with it. I started out just bolting a stock LSA on the my stock 6.2L and tuning it with HP Tuners. My truck had like 155k miles so lower oil pressure than I liked. Ended up building a stroked 6L with my rebuilt L92 heads. Then eventually added CNC Brodix heads. This can easily be done over a weekend but you need to set a goal and stick with it.

I still have a parts list but lots of the parts were random deals and I built this really cheap considering how expensive things are now. Example is the LSA ZL1 lid. Mine was $400 new, now they’re triple that if you can find one. I do have a guy in my area that does a lot of swaps and can get you parts, it’s just more money. What’s your budget? Could get a whipple or Magnison kit too. Do you plan to rebuild the transmission at the same time? Might be wise depending on the miles and HP goals. I’ve built mine like 5 times lol and probably a 6th soon. I’m also making a bit over 1k HP at the crank on E85. Rear end you might wanna toss in an Eaton/Detroit TruTrac if your stock one hasn’t blown up yet. If you really wanna keep it as a good solid DD, I’d stay under 700-800hp at the crank. Mine can still be daily driven and used in snow but it is expensive to maintain and gas ain’t cheap, probably only going up from here too.
I just crossed 120k on it a couple months ago. My initial bars set low, I’d really like to keep everything as close to oem as possible to begin with. I’d also like to keep the E85 option, it’s really cheap by me, I filled up last week for less than 60 bucks. I bought the truck at 100k miles and the first thing I did was the oem 100k mile check list and change both diff’s and transfer case lube and tranny flush. Everything checked out fine, the truck was mostly used as your typical grocery getter kid hauler, the rear passenger seats still had car seat impressions so I don’t think it’s seen much abuse. As far as budget goes it’s pretty tight, I could only afford to fo one thing at a time. I feel like if I could get it to run like a stock CTS-V I’d be pretty happy with that for now. What I find so appealing about this build is that it’s “taboo” to have a supercharged suv. I’ve been poking FB marketplace and seen LSA’s with lids and covers for around 2-2500$ which is more in my comfort range. I know there’s going to be more parts needed to get it going but I don’t have any deadline to get this accomplished. Im a little concerned about the tuning end of it, I’d definitely need some guidance on that end but I feel like if I could blend a stock CTS-V profit with my stock profile it should get me a decent baseline tune to start with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972