Has GMC Denali Name become too common?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A shame, in my opinion cause he could have enjoyed life a little.

Everyone does something with their money. And that’s what I told my wife so that I could go buy that Denali tomorrow! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if he enjoys living that way why is it a shame?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah I know Escalade is not a trim bahahaha but since 07 “Escalade” has been incrisingly popular. It was a similar comparison. In fact I’d even say since 07 Denali and Escalade have probably became the two most talked about/referred to GM names.

The thread is about whether GM is slapping the Denali trim on too many different vehicles and therefore diluting the exclusivity of it.

Escalade is a vehicle. It can’t be slapped on other vehicles. I suppose they could start selling it for 50% off and then it would be the same price as a traverse with a denali badge lol.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another friend who saves almost every dime he makes. In fact he lives kind of like a poor person but is worth a tremendous amount. In my opinion because he lives like a poor person day to day, at the end of his life, he will indeed have actually been poor by choice (poor with a huge bank account, lol). A shame, in my opinion cause he could have enjoyed life a little.
People like that take great pleasure in financial security, though. Buying things causes them stress. My mother in law is precisely this way. She thinks about a secure retirement as often throughout the day as I think about sex and cars.

It's all in your own priorities.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thread is about whether GM is slapping the Denali trim on too many different vehicles and therefore diluting the exclusivity of it.

Escalade is a vehicle. It can’t be slapped on other vehicles. I suppose they could start selling it for 50% off and then it would be the same price as a traverse with a denali badge lol.
Escalade is more differentiated than Denali in the sense that it has more unique bodywork and the electronics are Cadillac-specific. It's still a badge engineering product though, and not a truly bespoke upscale variant like a BMW M-series car. IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42

Latest posts